Dish Networkfalsely reporting information to credit bureaus

After moving Nov 28th and closing dish account early Dec 2013, a notice was received of restricted/disconnected services and amount due in Feb of 2014. After contacting dish and verifying the move the amount due was cleared up and account was credited. Boxes were to be sent with return shipping paid for by dish for equipment return. While Dish told my daughter they would allow time since I was still recovering from major medical issues and my belongings where in storage. After contacting dish again at the end of March to request return boxes Dish then stated the equipment was outdated and did not need returned after all. Several months later a recovery service claimed I owed dish $197. for the equipment and reported this false information was sent to the credit bureaus where it reflects a derogatory mark on my report. After speaking with Dish they agreed to credit my account clearing my balance and sent return boxes agreeing to have this information removed from my report entirely as it was inaccurate because the Dish representative did in fact state the equipment was outdated and did not need to be returned. I also contact the collection company to dispute this information and request it be removed. At some point Dish updated the amount still due as $15. not removing it and still not correctly reporting I owe them NOTHING. Now after finding this information still attached to my credit file I contacted them again where they again agreed to clear the balance but now claim the information was accurate and they will not remove it.

Pm
Feb 10, 2015

Comments

• On
      Feb 11, 2015

Dear Pm Wilkey

We are sorry for the experience you had. Please write to us about your problem with your VC number, mobile number and email ID at [protected]@dishtv.in and we will put all our efforts in trying to help you out.

Regards,
    Online Team
    Dishtv

• On
      Feb 18, 2015

Dear Pm Wilkey

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Please feel free to give us your feedback at [protected]@dishtv.in.
    Have a nice day.