Dish Network — falsely reporting information to credit bureaus
After moving Nov 28th and closing dish account early Dec 2013, a notice was received of restricted/disconnected services and amount due in Feb of 2014. After contacting dish and verifying the move the amount due was cleared up and account was credited. Boxes were to be sent with return shipping paid for by dish for equipment return. While Dish told my daughter they would allow time since I was still recovering from major medical issues and my belongings where in storage. After contacting dish again at the end of March to request return boxes Dish then stated the equipment was outdated and did not need returned after all. Several months later a recovery service claimed I owed dish $197. for the equipment and reported this false information was sent to the credit bureaus where it reflects a derogatory mark on my report. After speaking with Dish they agreed to credit my account clearing my balance and sent return boxes agreeing to have this information removed from my report entirely as it was inaccurate because the Dish representative did in fact state the equipment was outdated and did not need to be returned. I also contact the collection company to dispute this information and request it be removed. At some point Dish updated the amount still due as $15. not removing it and still not correctly reporting I owe them NOTHING. Now after finding this information still attached to my credit file I contacted them again where they again agreed to clear the balance but now claim the information was accurate and they will not remove it.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network - dishonorable business practices 
- Dish Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - fox sports outage
- Dish Network / Dish.com - lack of satellite reception 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dropping fox
- Dish Network - horrendous customer service!