Dish Network / Dish.comlack of satellite reception

My wife signed up for this service thinking it would save some money. I think it saved us about 5 bucks a month. It's worth the 5 bucks to tell Dish to shove their crappy equipment where the sun never shines. I worked in the infotainment industry as a reliability engineer. I built satellite and cable boxes. The satellite biz was separate from my department, but because I built a cable/satellite/NTSC/ATSC system with small and large dishes and over the air reception. We never had any problems with cable, satellite was a nightmare. We had an incident where all of Asia and India lost reception and there was a lot of hand wringing and monkee motion from the exec's.
about this wanting to know why. When I finally got word of the failures I asked, did anyone know that there was a solar flair last night? Issue solved. That's another reason I dislike satellite TV systems. I love copper and fiber and I love DOCSIS 3. So I told my wife that Dish is crap, but she ordered it anyway.On the "first day' the system was dropping packets all over the place and going offline. During a single 1 hour program it lost the signal 6 times. over the course of the day we had over thirty failures of the system, that is unacceptable.
The customer service is and always has been deplorable, obstructive, and adversarial.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Santee, CAIt took almost 3 hours of phone time to finally get these evil thieves to cancel the contract, for which they are charging me $480.00. But interestingly enough is that they have not yet produced a contract signed by the owners of this house.
This company is evil to it's rotten core. They take advantage of contract law to screw the citizens of this country, especially elderly people. They obstruct in a highly adversarial way. When I think of my 84 year old mother trying to deal with this company I can see why they have this adversarial business plan. She would get frustrated and not do anything because, unlike myself, she doesn't like domineering, rude, obstructive people and practices.
Dish Network is very much the thieves that everyone makes them out to be. I will get my money back by shorting DISH nasdaq stock If anyone would like to know how to do this give me a call at [protected]. The only way to get their attention is to hit them in the pocket book.
Once again Dish Network is evil. that's the only word that describes them... Oh, proof? Sure, how about "Pleas stay on the line your call will be answered in 5 minutes and 16 seconds. It was well over 35 minutes before an employee answered. and of course he wanted to send someone out to "fix it". So the 5 minutes and 16 seconds wait was a lie... and they know this fact and continue to follow this part of Dish Networks business model.

Jo
Aug 13, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      Aug 13, 2018

the contract is how many of the companys operate and scam people
    often "verbal " contract, not often you actually sign but there are exceptions to that

• Pa
      Aug 14, 2018

7 years ago, sadly I had to give up my dish. However less than a year ago I got dish back. How can customer service and the channel service change so much in 7 years? I am so disappointed with Dish I am going to pay to get rid of them. I don't like their service I don't like their attitude and I do not like how they treat their customers. They act like they did nothing wrong.

Aug 14, 2018

@Patrick Fritchley direct tv is worse

• Gr
      Aug 16, 2018

When signing up for DISH, I too thought I'd be saving money--which I'm not. I used to work for an internet provider so I knew better than to believe that the attenuation has virtually been eliminated. The phrase I should have caught was "as long as the dish is in a good place with 'nothing blocking the signal' it should be fine." Yup. Should have kept my cable provider...I have so many outages that even the kiddos that live here know when it says no signal that it's the dish...being blocked by the rain, the wind, thunder, lightening and ANY snowfall. SO irritating. I'm giving up Dish as soon as I hit my 2 year mark, which isn't far off. But on a good note, Charter will welcome me back with a really great deal!

• Jm
      Oct 05, 2018

How can I recoup the money I have paid Dish network for Local channels and we have not had them for two months due to a contract dispute. How about I just deduct the cost of local channels from my bill, they would not like that, so why are they charging me for a service I am not getting, I'm not far from going to Direct TV, I have been a loyal customer to Dish for about 12 years and this is the thanks we get, Come on Dish get it togeather, John Walker,

Oct 05, 2018

@Jmwalkersr think you will find the service worse with direct tv and you will be paying more