Dish Network / customer service

I called Dish Network on 4/16 to switch my cable over because it seemed like a good deal. The sales rep was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions so I signed up. I was informed I would receive a series of emails within 10 minutes including details of the contract and an addtional discount which I must apply for. Well I never got those emails. When I called back to ask about the emails I was automatically routed to customer service since I was now on their system. The customer service rep. was completely clueless and said I would not receive an email until after the installation has been completed. I told him this was wrong and I wanted those emails so I could go over exactly what I was getting into. I asked to speak to a supervisor 3 times and was denied this request. I ask to speak with my sales rep and was basically told that's impossible and I would definitely not be receiving any email at this time. By this point I was so frustrated I decided to cancel this. I was transferred to another agent who was very rude and did not take my concerns seriously. At one point she was yelling! I could not believe it. I was then told I would get a call back within 2 hours to cancel. I never did. I had to call back again to finally get it cancelled and the agent said "Oh I see you were upset because you didn't get an email"? No, I was upset with the entire experience over something as simple as an email. I am so glad I discovered this lack of professionalism before I was locked in for 2 years! I intend on taking my complaint further. I have the names of all the agents I spoke with and believe something needs to be done. Coincidentally, about 5 minutes after my last phone call I started getting telemarketing calls on my cell phone and emails about insurance quotes that I never even applied for. So now I am concerned that one of these immature, uneducated agents has compromised my information. Social security number, address, bank account information.
What a NIGHTMARE!

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Aug, 2008

After my signal migrated to another satellite, I phoned Dish Network to arrange to have my dish antenna re-oriented to the new satellite.

First Call: They asked for my credit card information in order to "qualify" me. I refused to give the information, saying it was not needed in order to provide what should be a free adjustment.

Second Call: A technician gave me some words to use the next time I phoned so that the service representative would know what my problem was.

Third Call: After being put on hold a nearly infinite number of times, and refusing to let me speak to someone with authority, some guy in Manila said I would receive a call in 24-hours in order to schedule a service appointment. They never called.

Third Call: Same routine as above. However, someone did call to schedule an appt. within a 4-hour window.

A technician showed up and could not speak English. He was unable even to read the work order. The technician used my phone ...he did not have a cell... to make a toll call to his supervisor. Turns out, and according to his supervisor to whom I spoke on the phone, the technician did not have right equip., and would have to return. Return visit scheduled for following Friday.

Following Friday: no technician ever showed up.

I have had it. I am cancelling the service. Luckily, they do not have my credit card information so they cannot bill me for "unreturned equipment."

• Ve
      19th of Oct, 2008

I was watching Oprah and my Dish turned off, I called and was connected to Matt Van Dusen, he was unable to rectify my issue and suggested that I had somehow created the problem because I was a sad and lonely person. I was very unhappy about this and cried for weeks. Now I live in fear of my television and I cant bring myself to call to have my service terminated.

• Pe
      5th of Jan, 2009

This satellite company is a prime example of how America gives people a chance to work and live free and they treat their customers like crapp. The word honesty does not apply to the customer service people at the 800-333-3474. When you call they cannot speak english, they cannot understand you. If you listen close they use the same wording and will not answer your questions without the following words: Please hold (at least 5 minutes), please hold the off button for 5 - 7 seconds, did your satelitte come back on by itself?? You need to have a service technician come out and upgrade your units, of course this will cost YOU and we can add a warranty to each unit for $5.99 a month, this will help when you experience trouble again... It is a real joke how this satellite DISHNETWORK has all control over what they want to give you. I don't understand how they remain in business when we are the customer and the customer has no rights to watch what they want in their area. what a joke. This company will go down with this sorry customer service. Peachy

5th of Jan, 2010
    Dish Network - customer service
    dish network
    Fayetteville
    North Carolina

We first ordered dish in 2008, for what i thought was an 18 month contract, I did have an issue with billing and being overcharged, which was settled after finally getting through to speak with someone that spoke English. Fast forward to Dec 2009, i called to get an exact date on when my contract was up, he stated that the contract was over and i was on a month to month basis. after shopping around for other cable service, and ordering it, i called Dish to cancel service, when i was informed that my contract was not up until April 2010, and i would be charged $50.00. The woman was extremely rude, I will NEVER EVER subscribe to Dish again, The satellite would go out almost every hour for about 3-5 minutes, which is not a big deal during a commercial, but a huge deal when you are ending a show and the "Nothing" very frustrating to say the least.
    I have to say, this was the best $50.00 i have spent in my life, to finally rid myself of Dish!!!

• Ha
      8th of Feb, 2010

The customer rep named "Jonathan" wasn't even try to answer some general questions & also the sales ad that I received in the mail today 2/8/10 wasn't valid for $19.99 & he said that the penny for 12 months for 5 premium movie channels was expired. Why would this company still send thses ads out? All he wanted was my social security # & credit card # really bad, I ask a question but it couldn't be answered until I give him my SSN# & CC#. Are they trying to steal my identity? And when I didn't give it to him he became so rude that he didn't want to speak anymore. I then asked to speak to the supervisor which took me 20 minutes to get. He acted the same way too. Is this the type of customer service that I will receive if I sign up with Dish Network? I called 1-800-900-7006 that had a different name to it when you call & the website is "GoDISH.com". I did record the conversation, and if you want to hear it email me at "splackin2k@yahoo.com" to hear it.

• So
      25th of Sep, 2010

I would like to make a formal complaint towards agent # 31Y her name is Jessie from the loyalty team. She was very unprofessional and neglected to assist me with respect. She disconected my services immidiately and failed to ask me for a disconection date. Also she put my words in question, witch to me integrity is very valuable. Dish Network has failed greatly in customer service with me today. It is a shame to loose a customer this way after 8 years of making bussiness with my family. They lost a cust today but also lost a good reference.

• Td
      27th of Oct, 2010

I agreed to their on line package for a 12 month commitment with free installation. Over the next year the service kept going out whenever it rained, even slightly. This occured at two different locations. When I called to get assistance on two occasions for this problem I was told to tighten the wires which were already secure. The problem persisted throughout my time with them. When I needed to severe relations with them I was told I had a 24 month commitment and would also have to pay a $99 installation fee on top of early disconnect charges. When I tried to return the receiver I had to place three calls. Twice they sent the cartons to the wrong address. In addition they charged a $15 fee since they do not allow you to physically return the receiver to the local installer. If you do not return the receiver promptly they threaten to charge you for the equipment. If I had not been looking for the cartons to arrive I would not have placed the additional calls and no doubt been charged for the receiver. I warn others not to do business with Dish Network. Do not believe their hype, they will bleed you when their ads tell you how much you'll save. Just say 'NO" to Dish Network.

• Td
      16th of Nov, 2010

It went out in a slight drizzle. Real hard rain I could deal with but this was not the case.

• Ed
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Moved to Florida - August. A month or so later received a bill for a show we supposedly requested and were charged for. Called immediately and the company said could do nothing because it was done via the remote. I complained-nothing.

Moved back to Vermon 10/9 due to wife's health. Waited hours for a serviceman and we kept calling and they assured us someone was coming-then after talking to 3 custoner service people we were told he has at our house for a while and no one was home-landlord and us were home. Finally I asked what address they went too-DUH!!! They sent the person to our old Florida address. Set up another visit at the correct address.

Two bills ;later-again a movie or pay per view show charge, Called again and this time they were goin. Going to credit us. Waited for new bill to come however house burnt to the ground 11/28. Called them from temporary residence 11/30 and we asked them to cancel since we had no home. Told couldnt do it had to keep charging $14 per month because we hadnt paid the bill. Could not believe this. Called today to pay bill once a check was deposited to my account and their Customer Service Person named Heather told me after I paid the bill that they had to have a serviceperson come out to the home to pick up stuff. Told her 3 times no house-burnt to ground. She then proceeds to give me times for appointments when the serviceperson would be there . I finally hung up. Pretty ridiculous. Call back and spoke to a nicer person and he was relaying our problems along.

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize about the trouble you were having with your signal going out due to inclement weather. If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost. Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. If you receive a charge for unreturned equipment the charges would be reversed once it has been returned.

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize you had a bad experience. We would like to resolve your issue and concerns. If you would be willing to allow us the opportunity it would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at alicia.brink@dishnetwork.com.

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hello there Ed! I happened run across your post & I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you have been experiencing with DISH Network. I'll introduce myself, my name is Kirstie Filosa & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department. I do want to say I am greatly sorry to hear about your house fire, & understand that you said the DISH Network equipment was lost in the fire, I would be more then happy to further review this issue and help you get this resolved! Since this is a public forum if you'd like you can e-mail me directly with any additional information such as your DISH Network account number & a contact number where I will be able to contact you. I can review your account so we can determine what we will need to do to resolve this & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get it all taken care of for you! :) My email is Kirstie.Filosa@Dishnetwork.com. Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Kirstie

• Gr
      10th of Jan, 2011

How can Dish Network still be in business. I have had Dish for close to a year now and a month has not gone by where something has not gone wrong. Customer service is useless and outsourced. As soon as my contract is up I am running as fast as I can away from Dish Network and never (NEVER) looking back.

• Ki
      16th of Jan, 2011

Hi there!

My name is Kirstie Filosa & I work with DISH Network's Executive Resolutions Team. I happened to run across your post and just want to say I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our services and that you have continually experienced issues. However, I'm definitely here to help you and would be more then happy to assist you in any way I possibly can! You & I can work together until we ensure the problems are resolved and hopefully prevent you any additional frustrations. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anytime and we can begin getting things resolved for you!

My personal email is- Kirstie.filosa@DISHnetwork.com.

Hope to hear from you soon! :) Take care!
    –Kirstie

• Un
      20th of Apr, 2011

For the past 3 months every time we have a thunder storm in the area our dish network service goes out and it takes for every to get it back working properly. In February, after being out for 3 days and a service man on his way here, it magically came back on and the serviceman looked around did nothing and left after charging a $15.00 service call. I pay $6.00 a month for their maintenance service plan and use to get free service calls with it. Approximately 20 days later we have another storm pass over and even though we are not home the DVR was set to record the service again goes out for 15 days. This time a rep talks us thru it on the phone and it comes back. A week later we have another storm and out it goes. The advance service rep. could not help and wanted to send out a serviceman and charge over $100.00 because I dropped the service plan. When I mentioned being without service which I paid for she transferred me to finance. After explaining my situation he did not offer a refund but was going to charge me for the service call. After having a few choice words for him I cancelled our service and guess what he is charging me for yesterday, the day our system was down, and charging to send their equipment back without an option to drop off locally. Also you sent us a letter stating free Starz for a year and do to program refinements our cost would drop $5.00. What happened was you raised our rate $5.00. You removed the customer service option from your menu which should have been a hint you don’t care any more.

• Da
      20th of Apr, 2011

I live in PA and got rid of their service for the same reason. I had no service more than I had service. This is definitely NOT worth your money!

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2011

I saw your post, unhappy senior vet, and definitely understand your frustration with this whole situation. I would love the opportunity to get this resolved for you! What I encourage you to do is email me your account number so that I can take a look at our options and see if we can get your service reinstated with better signal. It most likely would be possible to send you a replacement receiver, as well as schedule technician visit for you by specifically a field service manager from your local dispatch office. Go ahead and email your account number to michael.lemar@dishnetwork.com and I can get us going toward an appropriate resolution!

• Da
      7th of May, 2011

I appreciate your interest in my problem. I have gotten rid of the service, and have no desire to return. Thanks again, Dar

7th of Jun, 2011

Had Dish for the past 7 years and when i tried to upgrade the receivers this past year. UGH!!! All the BS you have to go through and the incredible fee that doesnt apply to anything was insane. I gave up and dealt with it. But when one of the receivers went out and having tech support tell me it was going to cost me 95 dollars for a tech to come out. That was it. Two days later i had I had Direct TV installed with everything I was looking for and saved 40 a month. Great customer service. Should have done this years ago..

• To
      7th of Jun, 2011

Magnus111, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. While you have already switched I would like to offer you an explanation about any charges regarding the upgrade or replacement technicians.

We do offer upgrades for existing customers which are handled on a case by case basis where they can be discounted with the 24 month commitment.

Without the Protection Plan technician visits are $95 which is already discounted from their original cost, and if the Protection Plan is added it further discounts technician visits to $15. This fee covers parts and labor, and all of our technician visits come with a 60 day warranty. This is to ensure should anything else happen within that time frame we will go back out and fix it at no cost to you.

If you have any specific questions for me you can reach me at thomas.faust@dishnetwork.com.