[Resolved] Dish Networkcharged for a satellite receiver dish already received

Please find below the complaint I filed with the Federal Trade Commission, as well as with the Better Business Bureau. In November 2017, my receiver was smoking and quit working. I requested an updated model as a replacement, one that could be recording a program while at the same time watching another. Four weeks later the receiver arrived, after communications with Dish Network every 5-7 days ask where the receiver was in transit. It was supposed to arrive in less than 10 days. No television during this time. When the receiver arrived, four weeks later, it was not the requested upgraded model, but the same model we had that no longer worked. Didn’t want to wait any longer for television, canceled Dish Network. Dish Network sent a prepaid UPS box to return their receiver and dish main parts to them.

Returned the new, never connected receiver and dish working parts to Dish Network, in Dish Network provided box, which they (Echostar, 1285 Joe Battle Blvd, Suite A, El Paso TX 79936) received on 12/18/07 @ 12:00 p.m., per UPS documentation.

First, Dish Network charged my Visa card for the receiver, which they received.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Eugene, ORI disputed the charge to my credit card and, with supplied documentation from myself and UPS, my credit card company (US Bank) agreed Dish Network had received their equipment and I owed nothing. I forwarded this information to Dish Network. I have received a $200.00 bill every month since then. Each month I call Dish Network, discuss the issue with a supervisor of some sort (Melissa LVP and Mary Q33 were the last two I documented), and am told that I am correct, that I owe nothing and my account is cleared. I, yet again, received a bill on 7/8/08. I called Dish Network and was told that Corporate had reviewed my account and since I did not return the receiver I owed them $200. I was told there was nothing I could do about this bill, nobody to file a complaint or discuss the issue with at Dish Network, and that I had a choice of paying the $200, filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, or hiring an attorney. When I went to the local UPS Store, from where I shipped the receiver in December of 2017, I was told that store has heard many complaints from former Dish Network customers about this very issue – being accused of not returning equipment that has indeed been returned, and that I was lucky I had saved my tracking number. I have the tracking number/receipt and the documentation from UPS that Dish Network/Echostar did in fact receive the receiver.
I should not have to go through this monthly harassment to pay a bill I do not owe, nearly 7 months after you received your equipment.

• Resolution Statement

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Dec 21, 2010

Mark H with DISH Network follwoing up on your concern. DISH did provide the free preview until 11/30/10 for AMC. We do run free previews each month. You can visit channel 102 to see what free previews are available. The Hallmark Movie Channel 187 and Hallmark Channel 185 are a couple that are currently available until 01/04/10. Feel free to contact us at twitter via @dishnetwork or at facebook.

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Aug 18, 2011

Hi Jerry, I am with DISH Network customer service and appreciate your feedback. As mentioned with one of the previous post DISH Network does not control the content that you view on these channels . DISH Network provide the service and equipment so you are able to view the programming. If you do have questions or need assistance you may reach me at mark.[protected]@dishnetwork.com.

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Nov 16, 2011

Hi Feeling taken, my name is Mark and I work for DISH Network. If you would like me to review your DISH Network account concerning the upgrade and costs please send me an email at mark.[protected]@dishnetwork.com. In most instances the upgrade is provided at no cost.

DISH Network Customer Service

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Dec 14, 2011

Hello Comotoes, my name is Mark and I am with DISH Network customer service. We would be happy to look into what is occurring with the NHL Center Ice and the HD content. With the NHL Center Ice package select games will be available in HD, but not all. If you can email with the DISH Network account we will see how we may help.

Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC
    mark.[protected]@dishnetwork.com

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Mar 27, 2012

Hello wideglide10,

At the present time DISH does require a new 24 month commitment any time you upgrade your receiver. The credit card is requested to protect the company incase the equipment is not returned or if the commitment is not completed and a cancellation fee remains. We appreciate your feedback and hope your DISH service is working properly. If you have additional concerns you may contact me at my email address.

Internet Response Team
    DISH LLC
    mark.[protected]@dish.com

• Mark H DISH Network's Response · Apr 18, 2012

Hi Ismael, my name is Mark and I work for DISH. We would be happy to review what has happened with the set up of your DISH services. Please email with your DISH account number and receiver number ( press menu on the remote twice for the receiver number).

Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    mark.[protected]@dish.com

Comments

Oct 24, 2006
    Dish Network - nobody has a heart at this company!

Herein I write about my efforts to disconnect my ties with Dishnetwork.

At the end of August, I received a package of information entailing some promotional offers Dishnetwork was offering. It seemed inticing, so I called.

I talked to a very friendly gentlement who answered all of my questions with confidence. I asked what it would cost for me to get minimum HD television service and HD DVR. I was explictly told not once, but three times that I would not have to pay anything but my monthly fees, that setup and the equipment were free, and I would have roughly a $45 / month bill + tax. I was told if I did not like the service, I had a money back guarantee if I cancelled in less than 30 days.

A week after the install, I notice that I am charged $199.99 on my credit card. I called, and was told that this was up front billing, that my next couple of bills would come out of this. TWICE. I called two different people to confirm it, and I was told that this was billing for my service upfront. A third time I called I was told that I would receive the money back after I sent in a voucher that mysteriously never appeared. A fourth time I was told that it was a lease upgrade that I wasn't informed about. Angrily, since I was told there would be no fees for the HD receiver (I explicitly asked to be sure), I told them to cancel the service, they said they would refund all my charges, I would be charged nothing, and they would ship boxes to me for me to pack the equipment up and ship back to them. In this fiasco, I talked to both associates and managers and supervisors, that gave me the same runaround and different answers everytime.

A week later, the boxes had not come. No refunds either. I called, they claimed they shipped the boxes, but they'll ship them again anyway.

A week later the boxes come, I packed it up and shipped it back the next day. My fees would supposedly be refunded as soon as they received the equpment.

Two weeks later, still no refund. I called, and called, and called finally having to go through tech support and be redirected before I got ahold of a real human being. They claimed that my fees had not yet been processed, that I had to wait 20 days from when they received their equipment, which was OCt. 1. So I waited.

Oct. 1st came and went, still no refund. I called again on the 5th, this time I was told that I'd never get my $199 back that it was nonrefundable, which was in contradiction to the "money back guarantee" they told me about earlier. So now, I try corporate.

The first corporate office I talked to basically told me to "get over it" in more or less terms, that it was non-refundable, whether or not I had been deceived up front.

Now, I"m stuck with a $200 charge I wasn't told about, for a upgrade fee on equipment I had for a WHOLE 4 DAYS. That's right, I had the equipment and used it for four days before I got my charges, called, and cancelled.

Back to Dishnetwork I called, this time to their main supervisor. He understood my plight, but told me he was sorry, he could not help me, he did not have the "authority."

Nobody has a heart at this company to tell the difference when a genuine exception needs to be made and a customer satisfied. I will strive to make sure everyone I know never goes to this company.

Long story short, I hope anyone that ever reads this will stray away from Dishnetwork and go to other companies that have always been friendly and helpful to me.

Anthony

• Cl
      Dec 07, 2006

I agree. I had the same exact thing happen to me as well. They will not refund my $199.99 upgrade fee. I think this is deceptive and not a fair business. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals office in Texas. Hopefully that will ge them to change their mind. If not. I think we ought to get together and file a class action against them for the principle of it all.

Feb 07, 2007

I to am in the same position. I just got off the phone with DishTV, asking why I haven't receieved my $249 refund. They stated that they did receive the equipment and that they would crediting our account for $49. I then asked them about the other $199 and was told that it was NON REFUNDABLE! I explained to them that when I made the purchase, I was told that if for ANY reason we were not 100% satisfied, we would get a FULL refund. After a week of terrible service we canceled. A few days later, DISH contacted us and asked if we would give them another chance. I asked if we would still get a refund if we weren't satisfied, they said yes, and the 30 days would start from that day. I asked for the amount that would be credited/refunded if we were not satisfied, and he said the FULL amount, $249. I just spoke to two reps, both said that there is NOTHING that they can do and that they 'apologize' for the minor inconvenience! They will not do anything else, saying that the contract states that only the $49 would be refunded. I asked him 'why would TWO people tell me that we would get a full refund, even giving me the $249 amount'? He said he didn't know since he was not there to hear it himself! I told him I would contact my bank and file a dispute AND that I would contact the Attorney General. He said 'thank you for calling, have a good day'!

This has to stop, $200 a person is what this company is making per household that cancels!

• Ro
      Feb 09, 2007

I guess I am not the only one who got screwed by dish network. In my case I was told by the nice sales person they had HD local channels in my area, but when they came to install I was told they are still negotiating the HD local channels. So I called to cancel and collect my 100% Money Back Guarantee, and surprise, you do not get any lease upgrade fees refunded (i.e. $199.99). This contradicts what I was told by the sales person and I got the usual run around. About 10+ hours later of about 15 angry calls to Dish network and a few hangups from representatives, I have given up and discourage anybody from going to Dish Network.

I wish I had read this site before I had signed up :-(..

• Mi
      Feb 12, 2007
    Dish Network - promotions offered but reneged upon

I originally subscribed to DISH network after buying a satellite dish and two (supposedly free) receivers. The receivers, costing $100 each, were supposed to be free as a result of receiving 20 $10 credits as I continued my subscription for 20 or more months. Even though I guess this offer was for ANY priced subscription, I actually purchased the highest cost subscription and continued it for the entire 20 months and more.

Even after five phone calls (left on HOLD for prolonged time until I got thru and discussed the above with them) and at least 3 emails, I have yet to receive $1 in credits, much less the $200 they owe.

This is a common problem with DISH network. Sort of a bait and switch carried to an extreme. It is a marketing tool wherein the offering party (DISH) probably has no intention of fulfilling its promises.

Should any attorney read this, I would be very happy to offer myself as a lead plaintiff in a class action suit. They are ripe as I constantly read of DISH's rip-offs, so often that there will be many other in our "class".

• Ku
      Mar 14, 2007

I have the same issue, when I signed up they told i will get 20$ off on my HD service per month for the next 10 months. It is close to 4 months and i haven't seen a single penny yet.

• Ca
      Apr 01, 2007

I agree totally I had dish network hooked up in my house in my name. Not only did they charge me more than what they told me they would, but when I tried to cancel they told me it would be a $200 charge. I told them I would not be paying that to cancel something that I had so many problems with. Between being over charged and not having everything they said I would within the time frame they gave me. I was not about to pay for this. So they sent the boxes to me, yea I packed it but never got around to sending it off. Not because I didn't want to, but because I never had a chance to. They sent me a bill for 700+ something for the equipment and the cancellation of my service. This company has nothing to offer so I would NEVER refer anyone to them!!! All they are is trouble!!! I wish I would have never listened to everyone and had read this! Now I'm stuck with trying to pay this off! :(

May 24, 2007

These are the lyingest ### i have ever encountered. Their dish fell off my roof broke my bathroom window and then charged me for a signal i could not receive. Then wrecked my credit these bastar4ds need be run out of business.

• Lo
      Jul 13, 2007
    Dish Network - they want me to what???

I have been a loyal customer of Dish Network for nearly two years. I have never missed a payment and even put up with their deceiving ways. To start out with, the day we had the dish installed, my husband was in the house with the installer and the guy came out and told me he was finished and had me sign the order. I went back inside and he had told my husband he was going out to check the dish and would be right back to show him how to use the DVR and remotes, and he never came back. We had to stand on our bed and repeatedly push the buttons on the remote to get the second tv to work. Then when my contract of 18 months was finally up, I called to see about having the service discontinued. A lady told me if I would stay, she would give me a $10 per month adjustment. Well, month after month I would have to call in and tell them the discount was not there and they would always apologize and give me the credit and tell me that the next bill would be accurate. The next bill would say I owed the difference and that I had made a partial payment. Two days ago, I called and asked to have the service discontinued and would not take no for an answer. After asking the agent 4 times he finally put me though to some sort of "specialist" whom was extremely rude and insisted I go up on my roof and take some piece off of the receiver. I told him I was disabled and he told me that the local ACE hardware would come and take it off for me. Well, we don't have an ACE hardware, and he then told me I was going to be charged $100 if I didn't find a way to get that precious piece back to the company. I am happy to say... Monday Direct TV is coming to install a new satellite and they have offered to remove the old equipment for me. Shame on you Dish Network!!!

• Wi
      Sep 01, 2007
    Dish Network - poor service and quality!

We have been stood up for a prepaid install, two days in a row. We paid over $170 for the satellite but can't get them to come install it. There customer service is extremely non-responsive. The first was a work day and the second is a Saturday which we were suppose to have him come between 8am and 12. We have a 6pm travel plans and can't go out of town. It seems just signing a contract locks you into bad service and I have not even gone into reception problems during rain. A warning for paying up front for anything. We will take them to court of time for a day of work lost and travel plans and cost of dish that has not been hooked up.

• Ph
      Sep 15, 2007

This is the worst company from a service standpoint I have ever dealt with. They promise do not follow through on what they agree to do and then charge you anyway.

• Ta
      Sep 18, 2007
    Dish Network - no account security

In last 2 months, expensive programs were added into my Dish Network account twice without authorization from any of my family members. I just realized anybody who knows your phone number can easily add programs to your Dish Network subscription -- no further question asked! It is that easy.

To make things worse, you have no proof whatsoever you did not do it, because the company do not keep record where the call came from.

Think twice before sign up for Dish network before they improve your account security.

•   Sep 20, 2007
    Dish Network - deceptive advertising and billing practices

www.dishnetwork.com

This company uses deceptive advertising and billing practices. I guess nothing can be done to stop them since the continue to do it on a daily basis. I signed up for service on-line and printed out all the pages. My monthly bill was to be just less than $65. I am now being billed over $100 per month. I have tried to talk to Dish Network and they just can't seem to comprehend. They just tell me over and over that this is what my services cost. I signed up for an 18 month contract. At the end of that contract I will tell them where to put their equipment.

PS - the local installer was professional and did a great job. The satellite service is very good... it just cost $35/month more than I was told it would cost.

• Ga
      Oct 08, 2007
    Dish Network - very rude costumer services

I have never been spoken to the way I was spoken to from Customer Service. I cancelled my service and was charged 199.00 to cancel. I advised them that I wish to keep the WildBlue service but discontinue the Dish. After many transfer and many different stories I was finally told that yes I could keep my Internet with out disruption. Well a week later my internet service was cut off. They said that they told me it would be cut off and I had to wait a week to get Wild Blue Back. In the mean time I would get 4 calls a day a recording stating I owed an amount or I would lose service. But I had disconnected my services and paid balance on phone. Still waiting for lables to return Equipment. Spoke to Anna KYE

Matt 2w4 and Kevin SFL all told me the lables were in the mail... never got them. Its now October 8 almost 30 days. Talk to Kevin today SFL and he said he could email the lables to me. Everytime I call they tell me I am not cancelled and still active.

One guy I talk to said he had no access to check notes of past conversations and over powered the entire conversation. Would not let me speak and talk to me like he was a display for other people. VERY MEAN... I am so glad I got out of that mess.

• St
      Nov 16, 2007
    Dish Network - debit charges

Signed up for a friend to dish tv and paid the 49$ sign up fee with my debit card and the person i signed for canceled the service and dish debited the account for 188 for the remaining months. I felt like i didn't owe this and called up visa and they agreed to do a investigation and put the money back in my account the same day they also paid several overdrafts due to dish taking out the 18. They also said we don't let dish do this and after the investgation dish paid them the money back so i got my money back. My advice; don't even call dish just call the number on the back of your debit or credit card.
    Several months later dish also debited 100$ more for equitment not returned and i called visa again and they put the money back in again the same day and after their investgaation dish admited they had the equitment and visa took care of it again. Don't trust dish network to honor anything they promise. Their mot honest and just out to get your money. Again call your debit credit or bank when this happens because dish is not going to help you

• Co
      Nov 29, 2007
    Dish Network - rebate promotion on upgrade dvr
    DISH NETWORK
    Englewood
    Colorado

I was a happy customer of dish network until I tried getting a rebate from one of their promotional offers. The nightmare started. No matter how many times I call and tell them I have documentation of the rebate form, a certified proof and receipt of when mailed and received, I still have not received my rebate. Their 8-10 week promise is now well over 14 weeks. When I call I have only talked to one representative who was not rude. The really don't want to keep long time customers and they are making a profit because they don't uphold their rebate offers along with other offers. The are a very disceptive company. When my contract they tied me into on the upgraded dvr expires. I will be changing companies as fast as possible. I would not recommend dish network to my worst enemy.

•   Dec 09, 2007
    Dish Network - illegal actions!
    Texas
    www.dishnetwork.com

First, my other complaints about dish network mirror so many others. Horrible customer service, nonenglish speaking reps, lies and more lies about rebates, bogus charges, erroneous charges, free installation (Hahaha), failure to correct billing statements, refusal to credit back their errors... No need to elaborate it appears.

My newest (And mind blowing to me) complaint is that they are charging me a penalty of $5.00 per box per month because I don't have a landline. I've read their faqs and sorry, I don't need and have never attempted to use their 'additional services'. I don't think i've ever been to channel 100, i've never attempted to access my customer info through the tv, and don't need the tv to order pay per view movies. So, obviously the lack of a landline doesn't hurt me as I get all my channels just fine. But i'm penalized! What a joke. I guess it boils down to me paying them $10.00 per month because I choose not to optimize their services. Just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

It just screams class action to me.

• Ve
      Dec 15, 2007

Same problems with dish network... the only solution would be to file complaints with the BBB and The Attorney General.

Dec 17, 2007

The customer service person just told me to shut up and hung up the phone with me!!! I have been being overcharged for having multipule recievers when I only have one and they say they can't give me credit. And when I ask why they just keep repeating the same thing...It's ridiculous. I really want to join a class action suit against them. They are a shady horrible company.

Dec 19, 2007

Back on 8/17/2017 we took advantage of a Dish offer to upgrade a basic receiver with a DVR. We were required to pay $119.00 up front and then submit a mail-in Redemption Form along with a copy of the billing indicating our payment. The agreement was that Dish would then credit our account the $119.00.

We did exactly as was directed. The billing showing our payment appeared on our statement on September 2nd and we mailed in the Redemption Form on September 4th.

When the next billing appeared on our account in October and showed no credit we called Dish. At that time we were told that the credit could take as long as 3 billing cycles to actually appear. So, it should have cleared by the December billing at the very latest. It did not.

My husband began calling Dish immediately after we received the December statement. The first operative told him that they had absolutely no record of our claim but promised an investigation. He was told someone would contact him further after 3 business days. No one ever did.

I cannot believe that our claim was never received. We live just outside Dallas and it went to an address in El Paso!

My husband called Dish again this morning and the operative then told him that we are allowed a window of 60 days to lodge a claim. Dish has no record of our ever having done so and we are now outside of their time frame.

He told the operative "Alex", that we have copies of everything in a file and asked to speak to a supervisor. Alex put him on hold for several minutes then came back on line, asked if he was still there ,and hung up on him.

This whole charade that Dish has concocted is designed as nothing more than a means for them to avoid granting the promised credits. If they had honest intentions in the first place they would have a straightforward procedure whereby they simply credited customers accounts as a matter of course following up front payments and installation of the service being paid for.

My husband is going to try once more to resolve this with Dish. If we are not satisfied we are going to cancel their service immediately.

Dec 22, 2007
    Dish Network - dish billing!
    Chicago
    Hawaii

We had Dish Network for 12 months. First, the monthly billing was NOT what they had promised. I had taken notes when I requested the service and they did not ever come close to the rates they promised. I wasted hours trying to talk to someone who would help. Finally got someone who seemed to understand - and bill went down $5 (should have gone down by about $40).

Next - had to move from house & cancel service. Evidently contract is for 18 months and you pay dearly if you think you're done. Took $80 from my bank account (I made the mistake off having auto bill). Customer service told me they removed my account info - and would mail me future bills. NOW - because we didn't return equipment in time - they debited our bank account $800!

Less than a week before Christmas! Hours on the phone with various reps (trained to be polite robots). Provided UPS shipping #'s. Nightmare. And now told that, even after they refund $800, we will owe $ 123. I am SO frustrated/irate.

If anyone want to join in a group lawsuit - count us in.

Mary & Ben.

• Na
      Jan 10, 2008
    Dish Network - fraudulent company!
    9855 Big Bend Drive
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    Phone: [protected]

When I ordered the dish and although I dialed the number listed on the dish website, it redirected me to an outside dealer. When this happens you are charged a one time eg processing fee of $19.99. So make sure before getting the dish that you are speaking w/ a true dish rep. If I had been lucky, and auto connected w/ a true dish rep, I wouldn't have been charged $19.99. When I decided not to have my dish installed, no-one could tell me who, how or when I would get my $19.99 refunded. As a mater of fact, he (A true dish network rep.) became so rattled, he disconnect our phone call... But not before I could get his rep # u10.

Thanks for nothing dish!

Jan 11, 2008

Oh, just wait 'til ya get it. They were 2 hours late getting there, the installer smelled like he crapped his pants, the internet dish interferes with the tv dish (same company), they have links to online chat but once you get someone they tell ya it's only for tv, the home page looks like a high school project, it takes 10 minutes to load the homepage (no exageration), I was online the other night and it was 1 hour 10 minutes to get ANY page to load completely. Have they told you about this "montly limit"? I wasn't. They have a page where, supposedly, you can see your monthly usage, cause they literally slow you down if you load a certain amount of stuff ina month, but I swear they slow you everyday. I have tried repeatedly to load this page, and it WON'T LOAD AT ALL. DO NOT try to access yer dish email from yer work...it screwed my wife's work PC big time, and their DIT was VERY UNHAPPY. They also give a link FROM the internet support page for email support. Again, when they answer, they say that's for tv support. You have to call. So, I did. Twice. The first time, the verbal phone tree continually tried to connect me to tv support. Second time after finally getting thru to a person who spoke so fast I had to ask her to slow so I could understand her, I was told I'd have to hold on while she connected me with a tech.. Isn't that what I had been waiting for ? Yer gonna love this service. This is all true with no exaggeration. I can't belive this is allowed. Where is the FTC? Oh, have they told ya about the rebate? 10 bucks a month 'till ya get yer 100 bucks. Like I said, yer gonna love it. CANCELL NOW IF YA CAN...GOOD LUCK...94

Jan 11, 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention, emails do not come across correctly at all. Info is jumbled across the field of the email body. So, don't bother sending me an email...I won't get it.

Jan 11, 2008

Gosh, this is happening so fast, I can't keep up. My wife just called with this info...this is not a lie...I don't have the time, or the imagination to make this up...her credit card is being attacked with unauthorised purchases! Can you believe it? If it weren't my wife, I wouldn't. We're okay, she's vigilant on the accounts. I STRONGLY SUGGEST ANYONE WITH THIS SERVICE KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD AMOUNTS!!!

Jan 11, 2008

I left out some info. I contracted with DISHNETWORK; it was installed by VIASAT in viginia. I'll be in contact with the att'y Monday.

• Tr
      Jan 14, 2008
    Dish Network - false asvdertising!
    Palatine
    Illinois
    www.dishnetwork.com

Said NOGGIN would be starting 24hours aday 7 days a week as of December 31,2017 Still not 24 hour noggin, I was told they were working on resolving the problem and that Dish would be running NOGGIN 24 hours a day as soon as the problem was solved. It is now Jan 14,2017 NOTHING has gotten done about it yet, and They never give me straight answers about the issue with running NOGGIN 24/7... VERY unprofessional. Very disappointing to my children, especially. I will be switching to another provider.

An UNHAPPY customer of DISH NETWORK.

• To
      Jan 17, 2008
    Dish Network - too many lies, poor services, unclear charging!
    Phone: [protected]

Just want to tell the truth to be a reference. So far, I am still a dish network customer. Actually I am forced back to be their customer and have to call them every time I get the bill. I started dish on August 07. I asked them that I am going to move in several month and asked whether the "18 MONTH' contract is going to be problem if my future apartment doesn't allow dish. The sales person said no problem. If it is the case, they are going to terminate the contract. It was pretty OK for the first three month. Everything went pretty well.

Then I moved from one place to another. I called the dish people to install it for me. The technician came down here and said there was no place to install the dish because he said " the apartment manager is not going to allow drilling holes anywhere and I don't have a balcony". The technician reported the situation very honestly. After that, I called dish customer service to cancel it. The person told that they accepted this because the technician verified that. They are not going to charge me for cancellation fee and terminated the service right away. I was so happy with that and told the survey person that I would go back to dish whenever I got a chance again.

I was so wrong. I totally got played even I had some faults. When I look at my credit card bill, I found $500 charged by United Cable. Then I called them to ask what was the bill. They told me that 200 for equipment and 300 for early termination. I was so mad, I was told I was not going to be charged for termination. And you sales person said your company would help me to get out of the contract. I told them the sales person name, phone number, everything. He said that was a mistake. The sales person should have not said that. I asked what they should do to this kind of sales. That was purely a lie, they didn't help me get out of the contract, instead, they charged me more than anything. They said" we are sorry and we are not going to let that happen again". But it happened to me, who are going to give me my 500 back? Want to mention my monthly payment is 19.99 for the first 10 month.

Then I asked what I can do to get my money back. He said I just had to continue Dish and then they will refund the money to me. Ok, I said I am going to continue it right now and when would you refund my money. He said that he would call me in three days after my installation. I tried other option, install the dish to a house I do not live there at all. I pay all the money and will still be less than 500. He transfered me to a dish department. I told him the situation and I just want to continue my service at another location. He did so and set up the installation. Then I waited for a week after the installation. Nothing happened. I knew he wouldn't call me as I was told. I am busy too, I don't have time to deal with them all day long.

About one month later, I got my bill from dish. I got credit for 200, I was wondering what is that. I found that they first charged me for 200 and refund me back as credit. Totally confused. I went back the credit card statement, found they did charge me for that, the day I canceled my service. That is ridiculous. I was told that I was not going to be charged for that. I also told server friends how nice dish was.If I don't continue, I am going to be charged for $700. Besides, I got the first month bill of 81.19. I was cheated again!!! Then I called the custom service to ask what is happening with my account. She told me that Don't worry, you don't owe money, you have credit. This is ridiculous, I have credit, but that is the money I got charged first. I asked her to look at my bill, I don't understand why I have 200 credit and then after I month I only have 120 left. She told me that I canceled my service and blur blur, but just don't tell me why I got charged. Finally, she told me that my bill went up because I disconnect my service. First of all, I should be called disconnection because I was told so, they can find that on their notes. Second of all, I continue with my service, I should be continuing my contract and nothing changed. I didn't order anything new. First, she told me that I restart my contract. I said if I restart my contract, I should still have the same bill. Why does it go up? Then she changed her mind, I am continuing my contract. So everything should be still the same, Why does it go up? At 40 minutes, she said she is going to give me the same bill the month after next month. What about these two month? She said she could not do anything with that. She can only give back my residual credit in the account. That's my money, I don't need you give that back to me. I was tired. I didn't want to talk anymore after that, as long as everything can get back to normal even I can't see my TV.

For the next bill, I got some sort of new bills. 65.47 plus my normal bill without any discount!!! I asked why. I was told I have credits, I don't owe money, I don't need to call them. I read every bill in the statement, I was told that was all credit. I am not blind, that is not credit, that is my bill. The credit comes from the $200 cancellation fee charge. I spent 30 minutes to convince her that is my bill. At the same times, several other people were helping her about this, they told her that is credit and she told me that was credit. I thought that was echo. Finally, I told her I could hear your talk, If you don't understand, please give it to somebody else. Finally, after I went through every bill from the first month. She understands that is not a credit. She let me hold for 2 minutes, that was my third 2 minutes holding. When she came back, she told me that I was charged for local channels. I told her I never had a local, I never asked, never wanted, never planned. Why is it on my bill and so high. She told me she can take it off for next month but can not take off the one already billed. What, again? Then I asked I was told I am going to have the discount this month. Why I don't have it now. She said because I disconnected once and my credit went down. Ridiculous, all my fault. Ok, I said what is another bill, some kind of home protection plan, I don't want it, I didn't signed it up. Can I take it off. She told me that is free of charge. But it is not free for me, has been there for several month. I just want to take it off. She said it is automatically there and should be free, she is going to email the other department for that and it is going to be free next month. I am so tired, 1 hour 20 minutes. I stopped and planned to wait for next month bill.

I know this is a long story, just don't want people to make the same mistake.

Jan 23, 2008

I was told Dish would not offer 24 hour noggin at all.

I am not happy about this either. My kids don't get home till 6pm CST after noggin is gone and I really don't like nikelodeans progamming fior my 4 and 2 year olds.

• Pa
      Jan 27, 2008

DISH network is choosing NOT to air Noggin 24 hours a day as it became available on January 1. Their stated reasoning is that they believe continuing to run the Noggin programming for 12 hours, (6 AM to 6 PM) and then switching to N network, a compilation of old shows more suitable for young pre-teens, is the better choice for their customers. I spoke with a supervisor and passed along my strong disagreement about the quality of the N network and noted that the Noggin programming was the quality they should be bringing to their customers. I encourage other parents to call or write DISH to express their own disappointment in such poor decision making for their viewers with pre-school kids.

•   Jan 31, 2008
    Dish Network - terrible service!
    www.dishnetwork.com

I had a technical issue Error 024 and called in. The rep told me to reset the receiver and wait 15 minutes and rushed to get me off of the telephone. Her name was Jessica and she could not give me an employee ID. After 20 minutes I called back due to the same error and spoke with a Lupe. She had me repeat what the rep prior rep had me do and when I brought this to her attention she disconnected me on purpose. She was reading from a script and it turns out your 'Highly trained technicians are not so highly trained.

I have thus spent 45 minutes on hold between 3 callbacks and am considering reverting back to cable television.

• Je
      Feb 07, 2008
    Dish Network - scam and cheating!
    Tennessee

Our service with Dish Network was canceled in Fall 2017 due to an inability of timely on-site repair service. At that time, we were told by Dish Network that the equipment must be returned and a carton would be forwarded. We were very agreeable to packaging and returning the equipment and have been waiting patiently for the packaging and a shipping address.

On or about January 30, 2017, we received the first of several calls from The CBE Group, Inc. informing us that we owed $108.50, which had been turned over to collections by Dish Network. Never, in my 68 years have I ever dealt with a collection agency and was amazed to learn how unbelievably rude and insulting they can be.

Dish Network was immediately contacted and I spoke with “Amy” in the Accounting Department, who was very rude and unhelpful when I tried to explain that we were waiting on packaging and a shipping address. It was my impression that Amy was aware that the company had not followed through, as she became very defensive and abusive.

On Friday, Feb. 1, 2017, UPS delivered a prepaid box from Dish Network. On Monday, Feb. 4, 2017, UPS delivered a second box. A box has now been packed with the requested equipment and will be shipped via UPS; the second empty box will be returned upon request. Due to lack of dependence in the company, we have photographed the contents of the UPS box. All required equipment has been shipped.

Our reward for many years as a long-term Dish Network customer, with never a late payment or an on-site service call, is to suffer verbal abuse from a collection company and the Dish company employee regarding an account for which we are not responsible. As someone at Dish Network obviously did not follow through with this account, we expect an apology and this not be reflected on our credit rating.

Jean.

Feb 15, 2008

Dish network customer service representive Mike just ran my credit with the understanding that i would immediately be set up with an account. Mike made everything sound good until he mentioned that i would not qualify for the 24month contract and also i had to pay a 149.00 payment up front. Had Mike mentioned that it was a possibility that i had to pay 149.00 today i would have told him no. Because we all know your credit score goes down when a credit check is performed. VERY DISSATISFIED WITH MIKE AND DISHNETWORK !

• Ly
      Feb 29, 2008
    Dish Network - scam and rip off!
    Dish Network

We had to pay $100.00 dollars for a free upgrade. It was put on our credit card and we were told it would be refunded within 8 to 10 weeks. We are now in our 6th month waiting for the refund. A number of calls have been made to dish network, a number of their employees have been very rude when we called to ask about the refund. I told them that i thought we should be refunded the interest paid on credit card also. They said NO, we would receive credit on our bill. We are still waiting. Heard this week that a number of people are having a problem getting their rebates. When contract is up, i will be happy to be rid of them. I told my husband that we just need an antenna for the t.v.

• Gk
      Mar 02, 2008

For all that is holy don't get involved with this company they will rip you off every time, take it from a very dissatisfied customer with hours on the phone trying to get these idiots on the phone to understand.

Apr 06, 2008
    Dish Network - not attending of complaint (re installation of dish antena)
    India

Our Vc No [protected]-0
    Complaint No [protected] & [protected]

Dear Sir,

It is for your inform that our dish T.V is not work from last Three weeks and I am complaining Repeatedly from last two weeks and no action is being taken. Please do needful to re install dish antenna. Please let me know when it will be installed.

• Am
      Apr 09, 2008
    Dish Network - liers
    DISH NETWORK
    ???
    West Virginia
    dishnetwork.com

This company lied all the way! First they said I could get local channels. Thats what I wanted. Install day got every channel, but local. Called they said they told me I could not get local channels. That was a lie. So I called to see about internet nope can't do that either. So I spent 2 hrs. One day on the phone with several differnt people about telephone servies. They said I could get it in my area. So I said sign me up. Come to find out the last person told and this was 2hrs later that I could not get it in my area! I dropped them when my one year contract came up! I went to suddenlink and I am verry happy with their services!! I have cable, phone, and internet. All on one bill!!!

• Li
      Apr 17, 2008
    Dish Network - cancellation of services

My family had the opportunity to utilize a new service in our area, U-verse, which is Broadband for TV and Internet.
    Our DishNetwork provided had continually increased our bills to over $200.00 per month. We had reduced everything to basics and it was still astronomical. When we switched service, my husband and I were informed that we had a contract - neither one of us had signed or given consent to a contract service - so this was news to us. We were informed that there would be a $120.00 early termination fee for choosing another server. We requested a copy of the contract - which we still have not received. Dish Network decided to debit our checking account for the amount during the month of March, 2017. We are still waiting for the contract and they refuse to credit back our account. On April 15, 2017, they decided since we had not returned their equipment to again debit our account in the amount of $500.00 without notice. I have just had back surgery and my husband works out of the area, he did however, come home last weekend to remove the transformer from the dish - no easy feat - and was able to box it up for shipping. I am not allowed to pick up anything however, I have asked a neighbor to assist me in getting this to UPS for shipping today. When I contacted the company I expressed my frustration and extreme dissatisfaction with the poor service while the dish was installed and working. We had made several complaints regarding the poor reception, inadequate channels, and numerous service outages (which they claim do not happen).
    Worse yet is their customer service. When you request a supervisor they decline and continue to hold you on the line. Since we are returning their equipment today - which has to go from CA to TX it will take few days to get there. I asked how long it would take for the return of my money - the response was - "14 days upon receipt of the equipment". What a joke! They are allowed to rob your checking account but can take their dear sweet time in returning the funds to it - the $500.00 will probably be in a check yet they are allowed to take from the customer without notification and only offer an apology. This doesn't pay our other bills. NEVER WILL WE DEAL WITH DISH NETWORK AGAIN. I strongly urge anyone considering this company for their TV service to think it over very hard and remember all the difficulties other consumers have had with them. I wish now that we had never gotten involved with them.

• Sh
      May 20, 2008
    Dish Network - overcharges
    DISH Network
    El Paso
    Texas
    www.dishnetwork.com

An installation charge of $50 was added to my bill after a technician had arrived to replace VIP211 unit that failed to operate. I had already paid $99 installation fee for the initial unit. I fail to see how I am required to pay the additional fee to replace a defective product. Furthermore, given the complexity of my home theater system, I chose to physically install the unit and allowed the technician to activate the unit which he did. In doing so, he mistakenly deactivated a 301D unit which required reactivation a day or so later.

Additionally, at the time of the initial upgrade in November of 2017, I chose to pay the $99 installation fee to avoid engaging in another 24-month commitment since my initial commitment had already expired. The billing department per Mark Rodriguez, stated that I would be responsible for contract breakage fees though it would take 3 1/2 weeks to procure the contract agreement. As a result, I gave a 4-week notice of end of service to allow for sufficient time which I find exceedingly unnecessary on my part.

My options are limited other than filing a complaint. I am hopeful that DISH can resolve this matter in an expedited manner. Paying the $50 installation is not an option since it rests responsibility of defective equipment replacement on the consumer. Paying the additional contract breakage fees is also not an option since there was not an agreement in place to indicate so.

I have asked DISH to remove the additional charges so that I may continue receiving service in a fair and appropriate manner consistent with good customer support.

Thank you for your time and attention.

•   May 21, 2008
    Dish Network - do not get dish network hd programming unless you are prepared to be disappointed and cheated out of your money!
    Dish Network

This past week, Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen decided to yank 15 VOOM Network High Definition channels and replaced them with more recognizable channels that also needed to be in HD. However, I just spent boohoos of money to get this 42" TV and more boohoos of money to get a theater system and had to get a new HD receiver had to commit to 6 months of HD programming from Dish Network, only to find out that only these 15 VOOM network channels, especially HD news network are the only real channels that are actually filmed with true High Definition cameras. The other so called HD channels that we are all familiar with are HD channels, but most of the time do not broadcast shows that were filmed with true High Definition channels. I want all my money back Mr. Ergen! CNN is supposedly one of the channels that was added in High Definition this week. I tuned it in and it IS NOT HD broadcasting. It actually looks worse because all they do it blow up a picture that doesn't have as many pixels in it. CNN is not using true HD cameras to record, therefore it is not an HD channel. DO NOT GET Dish Network HD programming unless you are prepared to be disappointed and cheated out of your money!