Dish Network / unsolicited telemarketing calls

I have suddenly started getting a raft of calls from agents working for dish network at all sorts of odd times (the last call was from a Dallas area code number, listed above); they somehow figured I was of Indian origin and got folks who could speak Indian languages/ know the culture to call in a very targeted fashion! Not sure how they got hold of my home phone number as it is on donotcall.gov and I am NOT a current customer of Dish Network! I am planning to call their CEO at about midnight to repay the favor! Seriously, can you please publicise this and hep stop the calls?!

Ki

Comments

• Fr
      31st of Oct, 2010

DishTV is ridiculous and I keep getting unsolicited calls. You are correct. I have put my number on do not call registry and I am in the process of filing a Class A suite against DishTV for harrasment. Some wordings by these guys are nonsense and abusive. This needs to be taken at higher level. It is already out of control.

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize that you are getting unwanted solicitations. We have procedures in place to put you on our DO NOT CALL list. DISH Network does have several retailers that we use, and you may receive solicitation calls from them. They may have received your information from an outside company who you provided your information to. When you give any company your information you can always ask them if they will provide it to other companies. If you would like to be added to our DO NOT CALL list please feel free to email me at alicia.brink@dishnetwork.com

• Ba
      25th of Aug, 2011

I'm Indian and I've had the same experience, Dish Network using Indian telemarketers to target people with Indian last names. They'll often call and speak in "casual Hindi" as if they know me. It's VERY DECEPTIVE. And earlier tonight around 7:30pm, (caller ID: "Data Unavailable") I got an EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE call from Dish Network. It was an Indian, he started talking about a Dish Network promotion, and I said I'm not interested. I told him my number is on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY and please do not call me again. He said HE WILL KEEP CALLING ME! I said they've been calling about 20 TIMES A MONTH and I'm sick of it... and then HE TOLD ME TO SUCK HIS D!CK!!! I am OUTRAGED!! I demanded to speak to his manager, and he refused, and continued to tell me to suck his d!ck (whispering, I assume so his co-workers couldn't hear him). I said the call was being recorded, and he kept saying it until I hung up. I then called the number for Dish Network from their website, I got a sales rep in the Phillipines. I asked to speak to a manager, I got a woman named "Cheryl". I told her what happened, she didn't sound surprised (this happens often???) and said she couldn't track down who called me but would put our name on their Do Not Call List. That's what many other callers told me too, but they keep calling. I'm not sure what laws apply for telemarketers from India or the Phillipines, but it seems to me that Dish Network is using cheap labor from India to target Indian families in America, and many of them are rude and offensive!! My family has received over 100 UNWANTED calls from Dish Network this past year, and this is SERIOUS HARASSMENT. I don't know how many laws they are breaking, but I doubt my family is the only one in this situation. I'm looking for other people with similar experiences for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. Please email me at barindersharma@yahoo.com if you've had similar experiences.

• Mi
      30th of Aug, 2011

I went over your post, barindersharma, and it would be my pleasure to help get that resolved! What I'll do is get this information over to our investigators for further research. We can also get a letter sent to you regarding this issue if you would like written confirmati0n that it's been resolved! Let me know if you'd be interested in receiving one, which takes about seven to ten business days.

• Ba
      31st of Aug, 2011

I've chosen to take legal action. I contacted Dish Network already, and the response I received was that they hire hundreds of third party telemarketers to harass people, and they don't consider it their responsibility to make sure those retailers are following the laws. We'll see if the courts agree.

• Mi
      31st of Aug, 2011

I certainly understand your concern from that type of response. We can still do some research for you if could email me your phone number that keeps getting these calls, as well as the one *from* which you receive them (if they do ever happen to identify themselves on your caller ID). In addition to that, we'll also need your full name to check our records. My email address, if you wish to send me this information, is michael.lemar@dishnetwork.com.

• Km
      15th of Jul, 2014

similar non stop annoying calls even repeated requests to honor "donot call " list. and to be put on DISH donot call list. If I ever contemplated using DISH, this kind of malfeasance would prompt me to never do so. K Mehta