Discovery Cruise Line / Terrible experience!

1775 NW 70th AvenueMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 305-704-090
I took the discovery cruise from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas. This was one of my worst experiences. I ship should not have left the port that morning. The east coast was experiencing colder than usually temperatures and we experienced very rough seas. The captain made a big mistake when he decided to leave. More than half of the ship was physically sick and vomiting. Children and adults were lying on the floor very sick. The crew members were not helpful and they left passengers on the floor instead of tending to them. This could be because they don't speak English.

A lot of people got ripped off that day. Many paid over $150 for good entertainment and food. The entertainment was boring and no one was well enough to eat. Avoid this cruise, it ruined my vacation!
Va

Comments

An
  14th of Jan, 2008
Cruise Line Response

DCL sails daily from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Bahama Island carrying over 200,000 guests per year. We take pride in the fact that many customers return again and again to enjoy our Bahamas Day Cruise and Grand Bahama Vacations. We provide continuous, safe and reliable service and by no means would sail in unsafe weather conditions. Our vessel and crew undergo vigorous safety training and regular US coast guard and other regularity authorities inspections. While the vessel needs to maintain her scheduled itinerary even during inclement weather conditions, passengers have the option to cancel or rebook without penalties when high seas are anticipated. We do also offer motion sickness tablets at no charge. We have an international team of hosts and entertainers and all crew do in fact speak English, albeit some with a slight accent.

We are very sorry to hear that Jaime did not enjoy the trip and have attempted to resolve Jaime's issue through our customer service department.

Anthony Parker
Commincations Manager
Mi
  29th of Dec, 2009
I went on the same cruise and had a terrible time. The staff were very rude and yelled at us. When sailing back to Florida we encountered rough seas and the whole boat swayed side to side. It was terrible! And most of the people on that cruise use it as a transport more than a vacation cruise. So there was people on the deck chairs with suitcases and blankets sleeping. It looked like a hobo village. Then on top of everything, the food and entertainment were awful! One lady that performed sounded like she was being strangled. Ugh. I will never go on that ship ever again.