Discover Enterprise / telemarketing/magazine/credit card scam

1 561 Keystone Ave PMB 299Reno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8665256608

Discover Enterprise is a despicable "company" preying on innocent people. They somehow obtain your credit card information, pose as representative of your credit card company and con you into thinking that they will send you a "gift card" for being a good customer. When you accept the gift card, they use that as your "authorization" to debit your credit card and enroll you in some ridiculous magazine program that no one would ever want if they were directly asked! They do not send you the "promised gift card" and then tell you that you failed to "cancel" your order within the trial period. They proceed to debit your account until you notice and complain. When you contact them to complain, their "customer service reps" become hostile and do a very good job of trying to convince you that you actually owe them money. Here's what everyone who has been a victim of the scam needs to do:
Contact the Reno, NV Better Business Bureau & file a complaint: http://reno.bbb.org/Consumer-Complaints/
Contact the NV Attorney General's office and file a complaint: http://ag.state.nv.us/org/bcp/complaint.htm
Contact the FTC and file a complaint: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Discover Enterprise also gives you an address in Oakley, CA...you can file complaints with the California Attorney General and BBB there.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THEM AND DO NOT LET THEM TAKE ANY MORE MONEY FROM YOU!!

CANCEL THE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD RIGHT AWAY AND CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK. They have FRAUD departments who will investigate and they may even credit your account witht the money that Discover Enterprise stole (mine did!)...

Discover Enterprise may send you a letter with a photo-copied logo from ACA International (Assoc. of Credit & Collection Professionals) indicating that Discover Enterprise is a "member." of ACA...THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS! The letter says "This communication is from a Debt collector"...absolutely designed to intimidate you and make you think that you better pay them...DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MORE INFORMATION!!!

This "Complaint Board" is great, but if you do not notify authorities who can actually DO SOMETHING, this "company" will continue to scam people.

Please contact any government agency you can to stop these disgusting excuses for human beings!
Good luck!

Sa

Comments

• Ga
      18th of May, 2009

Thank you so much... I have been in the problem for a few months now and as a college student i have almost no money, though i could pay off the 300 with my savings, it seemed like they dont deserve it, as they scammed me into the deal. When i got the debt letter, i did'nt even know who discover enterprises was, as I did not notice them on my now expired card. Well thanks for the info, i will do my best...

5th of Jun, 2009

Right on! They got me too. The customer rep at Discover very adeptly tried to make me feel like I knew EXACTLY what I was doing and that they didn't owe me a thing. Neevr did get the promised $200 gas card or the $300 Walmart card! That's their come-on.

I cancelled my credit card asap after a got the letter telling me I had opened an account with a magazine company and ithat my credit card would be charged $4.95 to activate the account and then charged $39.95 monthly. Mine came from the Oakley address. I'm calling the BBB asap, too.

10th of Jun, 2009

Unfortunaley, I am a recent victim of this ridiculous company. They should be ashamed of themselves and what they do to innocent hard working people. They basically "doop" them into a contract for some garbage magazines that people don't even need.

It is time to put this company out of commission. Together, with enough complaints we can all do so.

I have just filed a complaint with:

Consumer affairs
    Federal Trades Commission
    Attorney General of California (As some of the letters are mailed from Oakley California)
    Beter Business Bereau

Every one who has a problem with Discover Enterprise should do the same!!

• Je
      15th of Jul, 2009

My college aged son got cought in their web too. What a nightmare. I will for sure write to all possible authorites. Thanks for suppling their real address. The Oakley, CA adddress is merely a personal mail box ("PMB 206") at a Mail Boxes, Etc.

• Ni
      24th of Oct, 2009

I too have been caught by Discover Enterprise. I value my credit report very much, and when I recieved a "second letter" saying that I was going to be sent to a collection agency, I called the scam artists right away. They told me that I was now in a contract with them for two years at $39.96 per month as I didn't cancel within ten days. I told them that I never recieved anything to cancel. They then told me that if I paid a "pro-rated" charge of $400 then they would let me out of the contract. I don't know how, but they hooked me. I did ask if I could have a different selection of magazines, however, and they told me "yes". Now three months later I am still recieving the magazines that I told them I did NOT want, and have been unable to get anyone else on the phone. They do not have a web-address or e-mail that I have been able to find. I would gladly add my name to those filing complaints against this company!

27th of Oct, 2009

On October 27 2009 I had called Discover Enterprise for my $200 Walmart gift card. I had recieved a text message stating that I am able to recieve a $200 gift card to called 877-233-9187 to claim my frre $200 Walmart gift voucher. When I called the number they said I have to pay them $9.90 for my card! I tried to explain to them the text message didn't state anything of that nature! I had called them several times and all I got was a bunch of lip!! Infact the people from the called center spoke broken English and I couldn't understand have the things they were saying! So I called the better business bureau in Columbus Ohio and they gave me a number for Discover Enterprise. I got the name from the toll free number. When I called Discover Enterprise, They were very harsh and brutily rude! I told them I want my card all they did was gave me but nothing butl lip ! A lady name Tasha was fast talker who wouldn't give you a chance to talk!! I had litterly had to screem over her to try to get a word in edge wise!! She had the nerve tell me she was calling the police on me! I am glad I came online when I did, now I have nothing to worry about! And I am glad I didn't give them one red cent! Thanks now I know what to do! pm

• Th
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Yes the story above is absolutely true.
    This is a fraud. if it happen to you, call your bank and report it as a fraud, they will take care of everything and get your money back.

(Don't care what they have recorded your conversation! IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, SO BE HAPPY! )

But if you don't want to get involve into the issue, you can cancel your card while they had not charged you anything and call the number to cancel your offer.

It sounds ###ed to cancel a fraud, but if you don't want your bank take care of the matter you can do that.

PS: if it happens to you to call 8665256608 to cancel the offer they might let your fone line hold for about 10 to 15 minutes but be patient.

• De
      24th of May, 2010

what a bunch of ruthless low life scam artists trying to take advantage of hard working collar people in these harsh economic times. I have also filed a complaint against them with the BBB, The FTC, as well as the Attorney General of California. Their reps are beyond rude and harsh, tehy told me that I should know better and when I tried to cancel my supposed subscription, the rep named Angela wouldn't give me her last name and after I told her I was a college stduent, she simply said well, we're just gna charge you every month!

• He
      26th of Jul, 2010

This company is unbelievable. I agreed to the trail when they started billing my account they only listed half a number so I contacted my bank for the number. They as well only had 1/2 a number. So I filed a fraud complaint w/ the bank & they did further investigating and as a result they canceled on my behalf. They started bothering me @ wk. I called them back had no idea who or what they were talking about. They played the tape where I accepted the trail & told me there is no such thing as a third-party cancelation. They asked me could I prove there was no number for me to cancel. I sent a guy this info over a freakin year ago yet, the magazines kept coming. I mean mounds of magazines. Hell I have never heard of 1/2 of them. This July I receive a bill for over $900 for some magazines ARE THESE PEOPLE SERIOUS?