Discover Enterprise / scam magazines

1 2063 Main StreetOakley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866.525.6608

I received a phone call offering me 300.00 worth of gas for trying this wonderful membership, still not sure what that is and they had the last 4 numbers of my credit card,

I feel so stupid, thought I asked all the right questions they also offered a free Target card for $100.00 for a one time charge of $17.95 said I could cancel at any time. Then I received a letter from the above company saying that I ordered 7 magazines for 39.95 a month for 24 months with automatic renewals yearly. It took me 6 calls and I let the phone right for 25 times each call and finally someone answered and said
she cancelled the account. I also called my credit card company and closed my mac visa account.

Also wanted to charge me a 19.95 per month membership fee.

I am one angry person!

how can they stay in business?

Comments

• Sc
      18th of Mar, 2009

SAME THING HAPPENED TO US BUT THEY DIDNT REALLY CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AND THEY KEPT TAKING MONEY OUT..THEN THEY SENT US A DEBT COLLECTION LETTER.
    ITS A FAKE, FROM "DISCOVER ENTERPRISE" SAYING DEBT COLLECTION WITH "ACA INTERNATIONAL DEBT COLLECTION INTERNATIONAL'S" LETTER HEAD AT THE TOP. THIS LETTER HEAD IS FAKE! JUST LOOK AT IT, ITS A XEROX COPY. WE CALLED THIS COLLECTION AGANCY AND THEY HAD NO IDEA WHO "DISCOVER ENTERPRISE" WAS. THEY SAID THEY DIDNT EVEN COLLECT DEBTS FROM PEOPLE. WE HAD TO LOOK UP THE COLLECTION AGANCY ONLINE THOUGH TO GET THEIR NUMBER BECAUSE THE NUMBER THEY PUT ON THE LETTER WENT STRAIGHT TO "DISCOVER ENTERPRISE".
    THESE PEOPLE ARE DUMB, WE DIDNT NOTICE THE MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING FROM OUR ACCOUNT UNITIL WE GOT A NEW CARD AND THEY SENT US A LETTER FOR DEBT FOR SOME MAGAZINE WE NEVER GOT. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THIS SCAM! RESEARCH EVERYTHING ON THIER SO CALLED DEBT COLLECTION LETTER AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES WITH YOUR BANK.
    THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TRY TO TALK PROFESSIONAL TO BUT DONT BE FOOLED, WE CALLED THEM ON THIER FAKE LETTER HEAD AND THEY CAME UP WITH SOME BULL! THEY BASICALLY SAID WE WERE GETTING CHARGED FOR SOME MAGAZINE WE NEVER GOT..WHICH IS OBVIOUS THEY ARE SCAMMERS! REAL MAGAZINES WILL NOT CHARGE YOU FOR SOMETHING YOU NEVER GOT.
    ANOTHER THING THAT DREW A RED FLAG WAS THAT THE CHARGES WERE FROM CALIFORNIA BUT THE COMPANYS RETURN ADDRESS IS IN RENO, NEVEDA? THE ADDRESS DOES EVEN EXSICT.
    TALKING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME ANGRY. I HOPE THEY GET WHATS COMING TO THEM!

• Je
      31st of Mar, 2009

I got charged 39.96 and i never have been asked if it was ok.. i didnt even hear about it... i thought i canceled all th stuff under my name but... im tryin to call the ###ers about it and a girls voice message came on talkin about business hours are from 6am to 6pm. ###! its fukin 9am talkin about they closed n ###! im so pissed off!!! i cant put a hold on my account either! which even REALLY pisses me off!!! people! if u ever here of Discover Enterprise, no matter what they offer.. some other ### will charge you n u wont even kno it.. they try to talk fast n ### so u wont know what the hell they saying.. jus hang up.. but dont forget to tell them you aint interested and never to call bak again cuz they'll keep callin ur ### till u say something lol

• Be
      5th of Apr, 2009

I did some research on the address where Discovery Enterprise comes from or should i say where they send and receive their mail:
    The UPS Store # 0920
    2063 MAIN ST
    OAKLEY, CA 94561-3302 - USA
    Pack & Ship Promise Location*
    Phone: (925)625-0221
    Does that address looks familiar?

6th of Apr, 2009

The same thing is happening to me. I didn't even get a call though. I received a charge on my visa for the money, and didn't notice the first month. Then my card expired and I cancelled it as I don't want a credit card anymore. Today I received the same letter from "ACA" well Discover. Their address on this was
    Discover Enterprises
    561 Keystone Ave. PMB 299
    Reno, NV 89503

This honestly scared me as I googled it and people said they were being charged like $1, 000 dollars, and as a college student I don't have that kind of money. The ACA logo does look like a fake and I am amazed at how they got away with this as I could do better with my used 4 year old macbook. Tomorrow I'll call the ACA too to make sure, but it all seems fake. Thank you guys though, cause you made me feel a ton better to not be alone...

Oh and their phone number was 866-525-6608, if that looked familiar to anyone.

• Be
      8th of Apr, 2009

ok so i WORK for dicover enterprise.. as a customer service rep.. NOW TO START OFF NONE OF YOU WOULD HAVE AN ACCOUNT IF SOMEONE DID NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND VERIFIED ALL THERE INFO.such as full name, adresss, and verified they were the card holder.. NOW WE HAVE HAD SOME PEOPLE THAT CALL AND IN FACT IT RELLIE WASNT THEM.. BUT 99.5% OF THE TIME WHEN WE DO REVIEW THE TAPE RECORDINGS THESE PEOPLE DO AGREE... NOW I KNOW THAT THESE MARKETING GROUPS SPEAK VERY FAST BUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER DO NOT NEED TO AGREE TO ANYTHING U CAN SIMPLY TELL THEM NO IM NOT INTERESTED AND HANG UP! BUT YOU PEOPLE HEAR FREE! AND THINK THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE FREE.. MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WIT COMPLAINTS MUST HAVE SELECTIVE HEARING BECAUSE IN EVERYCALL THEY ARE ADVISED OF THE CHARGES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING COST FOR THEM TO SEND YOU YOUR FREE GIFT AND THE WELCOME PAKCET OF 3.95 AFTER THAT YOU HAVE A 10 DAY TRIAL TO CANCLE WIT NO OTHER CHARGES.. IF YOU CALL OUTSIDE YOUR TRIAL YOU ARE SUBJECT TO A PRICE ADJUSTMENT.. NOTE THIS IS EXPLAIN IN THE WELCOME LETTER THAT GETS SENT OUT WIT THE FREE GIFT... SO LIKE I SAID YOU PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING THAT THE COMPANY IS A SCAM.. NO IT JUST THAT YOU DONT LISTIN CAREFULLY YOU CAN EASILY TELL THE MARKTING GROUP IF THEY ARE TALKIN TO FAST OR YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND. YOU CAN EASILY TELL THEM TO SLOW DOWN OR TO REPEAT WHAT THEY SAID.. Also in that phone call they give you the customer service number to call if you never recieved anything in the mail.. so it is you obligation to call if u dont recieve it or if you want to cancle early.. THEY ADVISE ALL CUSTOMERS OF THE TRIAL PERIOD, ALL COSTS, AND THE TERMS AND CONDITION... ITS YOUR OBLIGATION TO HANDLE YOUR ###! NOT OURS! NOW AS I SAID I AM JUST A CUSTOMER SERIVCE REP.. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE MARKTING GROUP AND IT WAS NOT I WHO SOLD ANY PRODUCTS TO YOU... I JUST FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE TERMS AND CONDITION OF DISCOVER ENTERPRISE. SO WHEN YOU PEOPLE CALL AND GET MAD AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE DOING OUR JOB AND WE CAN NOT CHANGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPANY.. WHICH WOULD OF BEEN EXPLAIN TO YOU OVER THE PHONE AND IN YOU WELCOME LETTER! I GET PLEANTY OF CALLS A DAY THAT PEOPLE ARE UPSET AT ME... BUT UNDERSTAND ONCE YOU ARE OUT SIDE OF THE TRIAL PERIOD YOUR ACCT IS TURNED INTO PERMANET WHICH YOU ARE NOW OBLIGATED TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE 4 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION. UNLESS YOU PAY THE PRICE ADJ. WHICH IS USUALLY AROUND 400 AND SOMETHING DOLLARS... SO WHAT I ADVISE FOR YOU PEOPLE IS TO SAY NO TO EVERY MARKTING GROUP(TELEMARKETER) THAT CALLS OR LISTIN CAREFULLY TO THEM AND PLEASE STOP TAKING IT OUT ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS! PLEASE!!!

• Sc
      11th of Apr, 2009

Customer Rep? are you serious? How can you live with yourself? anyways there was no "Welcome Letter, no gift" and Free trial to what? you guys dont send out anything? I f your fake company actually sent out some magazines then that would be a different story.

For those of you wondering "ACA International" real number is (952) 926-6547 they dont know who "Discover Enterprise" is and im sure a law suit should be in the works for using thier letter head on fake collection letters.

Heres what I suggest you do. Cancel your card or account and get a new one. Take that fake collection letter to a lawyer. If these peolple want money they can take everyone to court because thats the only way they will see a dime but Im sure they wouldnt dare. Just pathetic losers who steal peoples money.

And really "Customer Rep" give it up and tell everyone where this so called company operates from because your address does not exist. If you want to prove that the people you work for is real then I would really like to visit the company with my lawyer.

11th of Apr, 2009

Well, just for the customer rep, I'm sorry that we made you mad enough to capitalize everything except your i(s), and I understand you being mad, I work in a job that requires a lot of phone conversations and I have people get mad at me when its the business' fault. But, I talked to ACA, they have never heard of them, and my uncle (who is a canadian lawyer) said that this was a scam, and a poor one at that. But anyway, I almost feel bad a company has to scam people to get money, I mean seriously, you are way better off putting that time and energy to a postitive and constructive use in a "legal" enterprise. But, anyway, hope this ends up well.

• Ky
      24th of Apr, 2009

I have a comment for the customer service rep.. 1st off we as the customer were RIPPED OFF plain and simple. I was lied to and yes if you have my voice on recording saying yes then it was because I was deceived. IF you are a legitament company then you shouldn't want your company affiliated with a marketing company that has deceitful practices. The right thing to do since so many complaints are being ledged against your company, and of course I am guessing here that it doesnt take a genius to realize something just isnt right if you have tons of people saying the same thing.. and from where I am at there is alot of people on this site that are angry.. I am also a customer service agent but I work for a company with integrity and I suggest that you find a job elsewhere that has integrity and doesn't rip people off because most of us on this board are not just going to roll over and let some company take our money and say great for you keep doing it.. We are going to fight back and as the user before me stated I hope it ends well for your company!!! Please find a legitament way of making money. The rest of us have to work hard for our money maybe you should try that!!!

• La
      8th of May, 2009

The same problem has happened in my situation and I would like to go on the record with others in validating that this company is not a part of the associaton of credit and collection professionals. This would explain their midevil methods of trying to make a buck. I also agree that they will be having some legal troubles in their future because of their lies and deceptions. As for the customer service rep...you should be ashamed of yourself. Have you no morals? I suppose thats why none of your "employees" are able to give out their real full names. They and you are aware of the illegal things that you are part of and do not want to take responsibility for actions. Why dont you try to get a legitamate real job with an honest company?

• La
      8th of May, 2009

Also if you have been taken by this scam I have been informed by my bank as well as ACA International to contact your Attorney General of your state as well as the Federal Trade Commission. You may even want to file a police report. I know I will be. If you would like to file a claim with ACA International I am sure they would appreciate the gesture. All of these places have websites with online complaint form except your local police may differ.

9th of May, 2009

hey guys, i received another letter from them and i was wondering what happened to you guy if anything after the letters, i was tempted to just pay them the money and get out, but if nothing has happened to you guys, then i really dont want to give them money as they are scammers. So just wondering if they found some other way to bother you. thank you

• Li
      14th of May, 2009

I remember when the dumb bit*h called me and i told her I DIDNT WANT ANYTHING and to take me off the list!! A month later i was being billed $39.95 a month without ever giving out any of my card information. How they got it is beyond me! They told me all the same bull ### and ran me around in circles and told me that i had to pay almost 400 dollars to get out of my subscription even though i never subscribed or got a verification call, or a letter in the mail, not even any magazines i was supposed to get!!! They tried to outsmart me and make me feel as if i had done something wrong! I called them back and told them that i have copies of all my bank statements and copies of all the complaints that i read, also how it was totally ILLEGAL for them to have my info that they obviously bought from another company, when i asked if i could hear the recorded audio, they said it would take at least a week! I told them i was dont listening to their bull ### and that i was on my way to fill out a police report... a half hour later a representive gave me some bull ### story about a woman with the same name as me... LOL!!! I honestly beleive that they made this up because i made them feel threatened! Luckily I was one of the few who got my money back... not only from them, but companys related to them who i didnt even know how to contact!!! Next time a telemarketer trys to talk to you or keeps calling, tell them if they continue, you will press charges! that usually works! You can also register yourself on the do not call list for free! and none of these bogus companies can contact you.

10th of Jun, 2009

Lets take this company out of business ASAP. File a complaint with:

The Federal Trades Commission (FTC)
    Consumer Affairs
    Attorney General's office for the state from which the letter came from
    Better Business Bereau

I just did this today after getting scammed earlier this week by these money hungry, evil and cheating people!!

• Up
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I just went to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ to file a complaint. These people should not be allowed to do business at all; I, too, got charged from my account without ever giving any bank information. Wth...

Discover Enterprise, please go play on the freeway.

• Ta
      5th of Aug, 2009

Discover enterprise is a fraudulant company. However they cover all there basis, They have verification calls that are recorded with you verifying information and giving a response that allows them to continue sending there product out. They do send out the information however the trial period is bull. The customer reps are victims of an ugly company. We do what we have to to get paid these days. The telemarketers can speak fast slow or what have you but you saying yes ok or correct will still put the order in full process. The "collection" department isnt even a legitimate collection agency. They charge cards without you even knowing the charge for a product you probably dont know you order its really sad the way they are doing business and i hope that somehow someway they slip and get caught. i feel sorry for the customer reps that work there just trying to feed there families they have gotten caught in a fraud company.