Discover Card / discover cards customer service is on the decline

My family has used discover card almost exclusively for years. In the past few months, we have had problems getting our statements in the mail. Most of our cards are paid off each month in full, some by bill pay and others by mail. The statements by mail seem to be the problem. For the past two months the statements were not received. I brought this to the attention of discover card customer service. Again this month I did not receive a statement, but received several weekend phone calls from discover card collections telling me that my payment was 47 days overdue. When I received the phone call on Sunday, I explained that I was called a few days ago and informed of the specific amount and had mailed a check in for that amount in full and that I had not received a bill or notified of the amount that was due prior to the phone call. The first Rep could not explain to me why I had not received the statement notification, but recommend that I call my local post office regarding the problem. She stated that she would remove the additional charges and she verified the amount of the check that had been mailed. I assumed that all was taken care of. Well several days later, I received another call from Discover card collections regarding the same payment. I explained to the Rep what was discussed during a previous call from them regarding the same payment. She stated that the record did not show any adjustments previously agreed to by the first rep and that I did not tell the previous rep that I had mailed in the payment which was not true. She demanded that I tell her the exact amount of the check. In other words she accused me of lying. I was shocked.

My family has been using Discover card for years. We all have excellent credit. But for their lousy mailing procedures, we would not be at odds with them. It is clear to us that Discover card?s customer service is on the decline. We plan to seek better customer service and I have no doubt that our outstanding credit record will not hinder us from locating other replicable credit card services.

Comments

25th of Oct, 2008

IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry! For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number. Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years. Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined. I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-crap" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities. What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card. Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what? Card is still declined and the phone goes dead!

• Mi
      28th of Dec, 2008

you need me email me better ok?
    why did you declinced 12 year ago i'm very good buying for me you said i already apply what i do ?
    please tell me email me any time ?

• St
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Discover Card - unauthorized charges
    New York
    New York
    discovercard.com

I had $2000 of transactions I didn't make. They are not giving my money back.