Discover Card / discover cards customer service is on the decline
My family has used discover card almost exclusively for years. In the past few months, we have had problems getting our statements in the mail. Most of our cards are paid off each month in full, some by bill pay and others by mail. The statements by mail seem to be the problem. For the past two months the statements were not received. I brought this to the attention of discover card customer service. Again this month I did not receive a statement, but received several weekend phone calls from discover card collections telling me that my payment was 47 days overdue. When I received the phone call on Sunday, I explained that I was called a few days ago and informed of the specific amount and had mailed a check in for that amount in full and that I had not received a bill or notified of the amount that was due prior to the phone call. The first Rep could not explain to me why I had not received the statement notification, but recommend that I call my local post office regarding the problem. She stated that she would remove the additional charges and she verified the amount of the check that had been mailed. I assumed that all was taken care of. Well several days later, I received another call from Discover card collections regarding the same payment. I explained to the Rep what was discussed during a previous call from them regarding the same payment. She stated that the record did not show any adjustments previously agreed to by the first rep and that I did not tell the previous rep that I had mailed in the payment which was not true. She demanded that I tell her the exact amount of the check. In other words she accused me of lying. I was shocked.
My family has been using Discover card for years. We all have excellent credit. But for their lousy mailing procedures, we would not be at odds with them. It is clear to us that Discover card?s customer service is on the decline. We plan to seek better customer service and I have no doubt that our outstanding credit record will not hinder us from locating other replicable credit card services.
More Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Card - customer service
- Discover Card - cancellation of card 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - late fee 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - personal loan
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - purchased an engine claim number 056741566b last four of the card 7094