Discountpetsdrugs / Bait & Switch: Change from free shipping to $17.99

I ordered 4 cases of cat food. The price was good and I received an email confirming the order. Since the total was over $100.00 they said that the shipping was free. (See pertant part of email attached below)

I wasn't receiving any shipment notifications, so I called them, and they said that they need to confirm that I was willing to spend $17.99 on shipping. I said "absoltuely not!" They said that their web site said clearly that there was a shipping charge for all food. I said there wasn't, and that I had received an email that stated in black and white, that there was no charge. (See below.) They finally agreed to cancel the order!

Seems like a sleezy operation to me.

The pertant contents from the email follows:
Name Code Qty Each Options
Subtotal 118.96
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 118.96

Comments

• Do
      13th of Jul, 2009

I will NEVER ever buy from DISCOUNTPETSDRUGS again. They will charge your credit card and will not send the product – period. A total rip-off!

They use the same excuse and scam practice on orders they do not send. When you inquire about shipping and tracking, they will tell you it was sent already and will email you the tracking number – they will not email a tracking number. Then they tell you it was sent at a later date – still no tracking. Then they tell you they have a problem with backorder on some of the products…. No shipping – period.

Do a chargeback with your credit card and REPORT IS FRAUD !