Discount Tree & Landscape / Scammed Homeowner

Jun 29, 2015
Aka Discount Lawn & Tree
On June 3, 2011, Discount Tree & Landscape, aka Discount Lawn & Tree were given $3800 down payment to purchase landscaping trees, shrubs, mulch, river rock, weed plastic, railroad ties, fencing, concrete filler, retaining wall replacement materials and remove and discard debris from the wildfire that ravaged my property. On June 28, 2011 a complaint was filed with the Better Business Bureau because the company never returned to do the job. No landscaping supplies, materials, trees, shrubs, railroad ties, concrete or fencing were ever delivered to my property and the property was abandoned. The BBB complaint was closed because the owner, Mike Davis, refused to refund me the $3800 and I would not settle for anything less. In August 2011, I filed suit against Mike Davis in Potter Country Small Claims Court and I was awarded judgment on January 11, 2012. The court ordered Mike Davis to refund my money and gave him 30 days to do this. Mr. Davis has never refunded any money to me to this day, and he has an Abstract of Judgment filed against him in both Randall and Potter counties. He has changed his business name to Discount Tree & Landscape, and currently the Better Business Bureau has given him an A+ rating even though this company scammed me in 2011. Mike Davis has a criminal record that is of public record, but the BBB turns another cheek. There was no support from the BBB to help me recover my full amount of $3800, and they filed my complaint as a "Letter of Experience" and closed the case. The court system leaves the recovery of any awarded judgment money as a burden to the homeowner. Mike Davis has never been held accountable for his actions.