Discount Locksmith-Chicago / Misrepresentation of Pricing
Several things were misrepresented regarding this service call:
1) Price initially quoted ($59) was different from final cost ($125);
2) Service tech did not show up within promised timeframe of 25-30 mins;
3) When dispatch was called to inquire as to tech's whereabouts, was informed that I had called back to cancel which was untrue since I was locked out of my house and had no access to phone;
4) Waited over 1-1/2 hrs for service tech to show up;
5) Service tech did not inform me of any additional prices for 5 minutes of work performed, nor of costs for travel time/distance.
6) Tech just asked for credit card for payment and had me sign without explaining additional fees being charged, so I was unaware of what final costs were;
7) Talked with company twice and service tech once I realized costs were different from what had been quoted. Company said tech had final disposition of fees being charged, while service tech said he was unaware of time delays and that company was only one who could make a concession;
8) Company supervisor was very condescending, shady and snarky in speaking with me as to how their company charged their fees and put blame back on me, the customer.
I feel this company took unfair advantage of the situation, knowing as a customer I was in a dire and emotional situation of being locked out of my home. Then on top of that, to keep me waiting for 1-1/2 hours to send a service tech just added to my aggravation so that I was unnerved and anxious to get back into my home.
If it hadn't been for these extenuating circumstances, I would have been more astute in questioning the service tech about additional fees instead of just trusting a company that had finally shown up.
However, this should not excuse the company from misrepresenting their total pricing structure, nor from the service tech in being diligent to explain total costs before having a customer sign a receipt.