Discount Global Travel / Do not do business with discount global travel

We were promised a variety of incentives for attending a sales presentation from Discount Global Travel that included a cruise, a camera, a $200 gift certificate and some wildlife prints. The free cruise was $598 to begin with, and then they told us it wasn’t available and would cost a couple thousand more to upgrade. None of the other prizes were forthcoming, even after my attorney sent a demand letter. Now I’m faced with taking time out of my schedule to take them to small claims court.

Nothing they offer can’t be found with one of the online travel consolidators, and if you check them out with the Better Business Bureau (like I wish I had before signing a contract with them) they have had lots of complaints for these same issues. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DISCOUNT GLOBAL TRAVEL. You’ll wish you hadn’t.

More Discount Global Travel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sl
      6th of Mar, 2007

Company disappeared. New company Mid-American Connections now answers the phone. All the same employees. Stay away from this company.

11th of May, 2007

I'm interested in joining a class action lawsuit. I have received nothing but lies since giving them $2000 to join over two years ago. Please reply.

10th of Oct, 2007

I also got rip off for $7,000. What are our next steps. Someone please respond.

30th of Oct, 2007

I too was a victim of Discount Global Travel. Duvera Financial Services handles some of retail installment contracts that Discount Global customers signed. Who can we go after?

11th of Dec, 2007

I'm interested in joining a class action lawsuit also. I have received nothing but lies since giving them $2000 to join over two years ago. Please reply.

• Am
      21st of Jan, 2008

I won a small claim judgment in Southern california, can anybody give me a clue about where this company is???

• Ca
      23rd of Apr, 2008

We also are victims of Discount Global Travel. What are the options available to us? We are in Michigan, purchased our plan in 2003 and haven't used it? Too late for that now, just wondering what are we supposed to do? Contact our Attorney General in each state? I'd be willing to join a class action if someone has one in the works.

• Je
      28th of Jul, 2008

I also am interested with starting a class action lawsuit, I will call my attorney this week. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

• Bo
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Are there any class action suits against this company? -please advise

• Ca
      20th of Apr, 2009

I just became aware of this issue, as I haven't been looking into vacation travel since around the time wepurchased the membership in 2005!

I would also be interested in a class action lawsuit.

• Cc
      7th of May, 2009

My problem originated with Discount Global Travel and now Duvera Collections which put the balance on my credit report without a signature on my original application or my ssn number. Credit agency's all suck!! I am very interested in a class action law suit.

• Vc
      2nd of Sep, 2010

I regret the day that I fell prey to Discount Global Travel. I am still haunted by the decision to do business with them. Funny how I can't contact them to use my "travel package" but they were eager to collect funds from me until I filed a police report and stopped payment with my bank. Does anyone know how to join the class action law suit against them? Please advise.