Discount Brake And Tire / I will never do business with them again

1 US Review updated:

I took my car into Discount Brake and Tire located on Baseline Road in Ocala to have the Serpentine belt and brakes checked. When I picked my car back up it mad a god awful noise when I started it. They came running out of the bay doors. They told me it was the Starter. $1000 + in repairs later the noise continued. I took it back in the replaced the starter once again, This time at no cost. The noise continues and at this time my car began to shake so much when I applied the brakes that I needed to hands to keep my wheel straight . I took it to the dealer They explained to me that my starter was NEVER The problem it was an ignition switch and that the filed my rotor so far down that it was a safety issue.And I need new brakes and Rotors again. ! So I filed a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer affairs.Discount Brake and Tire responded with a BOLD FACE LIE !!! Said I took my car in because it would not start. They took the truth, and twisted it to cover their backs! I will never do business with them again .And I suggest that you think twice before bring your car to them, especially if you are a women!

Id

Comments

• Th
      Dec 01, 2012

Always get a second and third opinion if needed. It's you being smart and don't be shy about it.