Discount Books Sales / signed me up for paid &membership&

1 P.O.BOX 810365Boca Raton, FL, United States

I bought a children's book from DiscountBooks.com; the price was the best from the Google search I did. I declined their offer of a cash-back if I signed up for some membership club. I later that day got an email from BestBrandValues with a username (my email) and an assigned password. I went to the website, and checked my profile. Then I read the rest of the email; at the bottom, it said I had three days to opt out before they started charging my credit card $19.95 a month until I opted out. Of course, I cancelled my membership online immediately, and then I noticed that the email said you had to CALL to cancel. I did so, although it appears that the online cancelling worked. I then tried to complain about the sales tactic of charging unless you opt out of something you never wanted, but there was no one there who could register my complaint. I know that if I called and complained after they charged my card, they would rescind the charge, (at least, they'd better do that!), but still I object to this kind of marketing.