Discount Book Sales / Membership SCAM

1 IN, United States Review updated:

When you purchase from this company you are automatically unknowingly signed up for Best Brand Values "Discount" Club and charged a monthly membership fee of $9.95, and $19.95 for each subsequent month. When you try to call the number listed on the Best Brand Values website for cancellation, it is not a working number. I called the number on my credit card statement regarding these charges. I've been assured that my membership is cancelled. However, other complaints at this site say the charges continue after they assure you of cancellation.

This kind of SCAM must be stopped!

Comments

• Bh
      25th of Jan, 2010
    Discount Book Sales - unauthorized charges
    Discount book sales
    Utah

they charged my credit card 9.99 on top of what they charged me for my book I ordered. I never authorized this amount. NEVER give them your credit card number. I'll be fighting the charge.

• Si
      30th of Jan, 2010

I am really worried. I tried to order a book. For some reason it would not accept my first credit card, I figured there was a glitch in the system and tried another card. Same thing, your credit card cannot be processed. I called the number provided on the website to try and do a phone order, a recording came on that stated that they could not accept phone orders at this time. No matter what I did I could not get through to an actual human being. Now I am really worried about the information that I provided this place.

• At
      27th of Feb, 2010

REPORT IT TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. MOST STATES HAVE A WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN FILE A COMPLAINT. DO IT!

I JUST FOUND OUT THEIR LITTLE SCAM - I SIGNED UP FOR A CRUISE VACATION NEWSLETTER - WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME. YOU CAN CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES BACK TO WHENEVER THEY STARTED TAKING OUT THE MONEY.

PHONE: 1-800-475-1942

WEBSITE: PROGRAMSTOP.COM

• Tj
      15th of Mar, 2010

These guys are a total scam.

I did call the number on my Amex bill and they gave me a cancellation ID#.
    Next I called American Express and they credited my account and barred any further charges from BBV Discount Book Sales.

I would contact your credit card people immediately and have them handle it rather than trust this bogus outfit to actually credit your "$9.99 dues" back to your card.

It's a shame there isn't a central clearing house for internet scams.