Discount Book Sale.com / Hooked in with Smart Savings Center

Many are aware of the Smart Savings Center.com scam. Discount Book Sale.com is a very popular perpetrator of this scam. Beware of purchasing any books from this book re-seller - there is a very real reason why the books are so cheap. As you purchase a book, you may find that you will be charged a monthly "membership" fee of 19.99 per month. When I inquired what the membership was for, the operator on the line could not answer my question.

Ma

Comments

• Am
      17th of Feb, 2010
    Discount Book Sale.com - misleading scam
    discountbooksale.com
    Texas
    discountbooksale.com

I was hoping to buy my son some books as a gift for learning to read above his grade level (2nd). I was so excited when I found this web site. However my excitement was quickly dashed when I checked out this web sites reviews. After learning that they have a scam where when you place an order they automatically sign you up for a membership at $19 or $29 a month I decided to see if there was a way to order w/out becoming a member. There is, but my books went from being $10.95 a piece to being $25.98 a piece. Big difference! Also, the shipping costs increase as well! I am so upset! I had already pictured my son's excitement as he opened his special reward! I never write these complaints EVER but this web site deserves every bad review it gets! People should know.

• St
      13th of Apr, 2010

I was also scammed when I purchased some books recently from discountbook.com. I happened to be checking my bank account and realized I had extra charges. I immediately called to inquire about them and found out that I had been signed up for two trial monthly memberships. I was very upset because I don't remember seeing anything about it when I made my purchase and I didn't receive any emails about signing up for them. I will say that the customer representative was very polite and helpful. She canceled the memberships immediately and I got a full refund. I still will never buy from them again.

• St
      13th of Apr, 2010

I meant to say discountbooksale.com

• La
      4th of Jan, 2011
    Discount Book Sale.com - How to resolve complaint
    Pennsylvania

Go to : discount book sale.com

At upper right corner will be big box about discontinuing membership. Follow directions, it will get you to point where you can quit membership using auto system (This did not work for me) !!! I finally got an operator who helped me thriugh the process. Larry
    Larry5@earthlink. Net 814 - 683 - 5803