Discount book sale / Credit Card Fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I recently discovered that Discount Books had been charging my credit card $19.95 for the past 12 months as I failed to look at my credit card bill carefully. I ordered a book through their ad at Amazon.com web site at $15.67 It cost me now $240.00 When I complained to my Credit Card Company, Discount Books came up with a fabricated contract dated most recently through a company called Verify Inc . When I called Verify Inc, they could not provide any info. On talking with them I got the impression they were relatives of Discount Books.

I requested Discover Card to ask for E-Mails they sent me in regards to my supposed membership that I never requested or received. I want to prove to Discover Card that their contract is a recent fabrication. Also wrote the President of Amazon.com informing him about my experience and sent him all the posted complaints. I asked that they not allow Discount Books to advertise and cheat Amazon customers again. I am awaiting response from Discover Card and Amazon,
Mr. Jeffrey Bezos President Amazon.Com
410 Terry Ave. North
Seattle, WA [protected]

Sy Ventura Ca.

Sy

More Discount book sale Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rw
      Sep 03, 2009
    Discount book sale - unauthorized membership charge
    Discount Book Sale
    Boca Raton
    Florida

Purchased a book from DBS but nowhere on their site did I see a membership fee or any other charge. I wasn't aware of this unauthorized charge until I received my credit card statement. I certainly would not have bought the book if I was aware of this ridiculous underhanded charge.

• Gs
      Jun 23, 2010
    Discount book sale - Deceptive Trade Practices
    Discount Book Sale
    Boca Raton
    Florida
    Phone: 866-707-5858
    discountbooksale.com

Prospective buyers are lured with low book prices only to find out after making an online purchase that this vender deceptively enrolls the buyer into a "membership" plan that will continue to charge your credit card approximately $10 per month until you figure out what's going on and call them to cancel.

• Cr
      Jul 11, 2010

This is jsut a lesson to pay attention when buying from internet companies. At the bottom of the item page is this little paragraph in light grey font

"† As a member of BestBrandValues, you'll receive $5 off your first order. Price shown includes $5 off for new members only. Not valid for current members. With your purchase, you'll also enjoy a 7-day trial membership for only $1in the BestBrandValues program at $19.95/month unless you cancel during the trial period. Members enjoy wholesale pricing on over 70, 000 DVD titles, over 1, 200, 000 book titles and over 300, 000 art prints and posters by top artists. "