DirtBikeAndQuadWorld.co.uk / Scam and rip off!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid for three quad bikes in june 07 through moneybookers to dirtbikeandquadworld uk. To date I have received nothing from dirtbike and they will not reply to mails. Moneybookers are investigating. Do not buy anything from these con merchants.

Va

Comments

12th of Feb, 2008

Hi
    I too have been ripped off by this company, have been investigating, they're supposedly owned by the Mowafi family, try googling the name, very interesting.
    All the contact names seem to be fake, they're all names of famous writers.
    Try claiming back through your credit card company, and check out /link removed/ there are plenty of complaints there.
    Good luck
    John.

• Do
      17th of Feb, 2008

I ordered off this company too. Its owned by a french guy called Joesph hossask, i got a letter from him when i got my refund, saying he was sorry. The best thing to do is a charge back anfd get your money. I talked to trading standards who confirmed the owners details and that he was in france so beware about gettting confused in case you have to make a complaint make sure you do it against the right person

18th of Feb, 2008

I orderd 4 bikes from them, i got a delivery of 3 of them and the last one has just been refunded via credit card. Not sure what the above is about but good luck they were ok with me and the bikes have been good.

• Ta
      18th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a bike at end of October 07 and have received nothing yet just stupid excuses about the manufacturer.

I paid through my switch card not credit card but they say I will receive a refund from them when they receive from their manufacturer by the end of this month???

So stupid - I mean they have no contact numbers nothing wish I never would have ordered anything from them. So frustrating.

Tanya.

• Fr
      18th of Feb, 2008

Tanya i know how you feel, i paid by maestro and i was e-mailing robert, but can happily say my refund was credited back today. Seems a shame they could have done well, at least i got my refund so im happy.

18th of Feb, 2008

They said i would get my refund today and it has just come back through on my visa, what a relief.

• Mr
      20th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a quad bike and received no conformation but they have taken payment. I need a refund asap.

• Do
      21st of Feb, 2008

Got my refund today, such a shame would have preferred the quad!!

• Ke
      27th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a quad over the internet in Nov 2007 as a christmas present for our four year old, informed via e-mail that it would take approx 11- 14 days for delivery. Sent numerous e-mails and communicated via the on line chat to try & confirm delivery date etc as. Informed on 15 Dec that we would not receive delivery prior to christmas, requested cancellation of order and was promised a refund - nothing to date. Contacted Moneybookes - refused point blank to get involved saying that it was in their "Terms & Conditions".

However, as I paid via credit card, I applied for a refund from them and received it on Friday.

It is disgusting how people are being conned like this with no governing body to monitor such things.

If it was not for the fact that I had paid by credit card, our son would have been left without a christmas present and I would have lost £349.00.

DIRTBIKEANDQUADWORLD IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR RECEIVING MONEY BY DECEPTION!!

• Te
      27th of Feb, 2008

Generally speaking thats why you should always pay by credit card.

I ordered and bike from them with a debit card and thankfull got it ok, so i wouldnt say they were a scam but i will be more careful in the future.

• Hu
      28th of Feb, 2008

I am a Trading Standards Officer with West Berkshire Council.
    If you have paid for goods from DirtBike and QuadWorld and received nothing please email me at hhercus@westberks.gov.uk with brief details. I have information which may help you.

28th of Feb, 2008

Refund received today!!!!! bout time!!!

28th of Feb, 2008

The owner of this company is a Joesph hossack based in france
    I just got a letter with a refund today. I was soo angry at first but the letter explained what has happend, the company seems to have acted responsibly and i do have my money, but it wouldnt have hurt if they just communicated with me a bit better thats what was more fustrating than anything

29th of Feb, 2008

I BOUGHT A BIKE FOR FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS AND HAD NOTHING NOT EVEN A EMAIL CAN WE DO ANYTHING ABOUT OUR MONEY AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT

1st of Mar, 2008

Got my refund today, i e-mailed dirtbikeandquad@gmail.com and they said when it was coming and it arrived, took 30 days but i have it now

• Bo
      3rd of Mar, 2008

i to ordered in november been told i will get refund within 30 days has been 28 days now so fingers crossed

• Ka
      3rd of Mar, 2008

The latest email received 22/2 for a bike bought in MAY!

Please note we have stopped taking any new payments on our website and as of last weekend the sight stated Sold Out and will be unuseable, on all products. We have taken this action due to the unreliability of our suppliers who have heald full funds for a very large quantity of fully paid for Stock. we are still awaiting to retrieve Refunds in full with compensation from our suppliers for undelivered products such as yours and should happen any time ASAP between now and the next 30 days (latest) and we will not continue trading until all issues of undelivered products are resolved, if you require the payment with immediate effect you may call your credit card company and request a chargeback for non – delivery and you will receive your original amount refunded immediately which will be charged back to us, if you paid via bank transfer/debit card we will refund you through original method but could take up to the time frame mentioned above. Please note we will stay in close contact until the matter is concluded and full funds are back in your account.

Will be interesting to see if Mowafi or Hossack and if there is any shred of decency left in whoever they are...

4th of Mar, 2008

REFUND RECEIVED

JUST GOT THE BEST NOTICE EVER it says:

Dear Andrew Heath

This is to confirm the amount of £114, has been refunded in full back to your credit card, I appologise for how long its taken and i will be seeking further compensation for these issues.

Director
    J. Hossask

• Em
      5th of Mar, 2008

I ordered a quad from them on the 2nd November. I was promised a refund within 30 days from 15th Decemeber and to this date still not received refund or quad and I paid by debit card so looks like my kids not only lost their long awaited christmas present but I've lost £349.

Please beware and don't use Dirtbikeandquadworld.

• Em

Berkshire
    RG14 1XBMap data ©2008 Tele Atlas - Terms of UseMapSatelliteHybrid
    Contact
    Telephone: 0161 408 4158

This is their address and phone number not sure if your get intouch with them but you need their address to make any claim against them. It might only be a mailing address but it a start in the right direction. When I phoned consumer direct to complain they recognised the address and you will need it if you want to start a small claims case.