Dirrect TV / dirrect tv lies

1 McHenry, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8156796163

I had dirrect tv for eight years. The service was ok; we did loose signal when it rained or if there was a strong wind. When a new company offered service to our area at a much lower price I decided it was time to switch. I called dirrect tv and told them I wanted to cancel my service. They tried to keep me by offering me new equipment with a contract. I declined and insisted on them disconecting my service.
A month went by and I recieved a bill from dirrect tv fo $300.00. When I called customer service to inquire about my bill they kept me on hold for 25 minutes then told me it was for ending my agreement early. I explained that I had been a customer fo eight years; they told me I had signed a new contract two years ago. I asked why I would sign a new contract after having service for six years? They had no Idea, but they insisted that is what happened.
I have since tried to reason with these very unpleasant people on three more occasions. They refuse to budge on the bill. I told them I would never pay, and would rather pay a lawer to fight them. Their responce was see you in court.
I strongly reccomend that anyone thinking of getting dirrect tv reconsider. They are evil stupid people.

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2009

YES THEY ARE, a class action is in order with this company. Every one needs to band together against Direct TV. They are in violation of consumer protection laws. You need to start by contacting the Attorney Generals office in your state and then the Fed. Trade Commission. watch on line I understand a class action has been started and they are looking for people who have been ripped off by Direct TV. And make sure you spread the word about Direct TV, that will hurt them the most. DIRECT TV RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS...

• Lo
      17th of Feb, 2010
    Dirrect TV - fixing my receiver
    direct tv
    Rio Rancho
    New Mexico
    Phone: 505-891-0268
    anlashe6874@aol.com

problems with reciever not working called to see if could get the receiver replaced oh no we hafto do some trouble shooting frist (whatever) most of these are all of these receiver are refurbursed!) trouble shooitng the reciever didnt work so hafto wait for case mangement to call so they can determine if the receiver should be repalaced opr not!! its not working !!

19th of Dec, 2011
    Dirrect TV - Can't find payment
    Florence
    Alabama

I made a payment ( $150) to Direct Tv via automated voice system' by my cell phone on Saturday December 10 2011. the payment cleared my bank on Monday December 12. 2011. My service was turned off Friday December 16, 2011. I called and Direct Tv and they informed me no payment had been posted since October 2011. I gave them the confirmation number the automated system gave me and they (Direct Tv) had no record of it. Direct Tv said it could be 7-10 days before they might have the problem resolved. Meanwhile I had to fax them a copy of my statement, which I was very hesitant about doing. I had the bank fax them the info they requested on Friday. I also made this months payment today. Still no tv!!! This is the first time since 2007 that I've really had a problem with them. I am very frustrated at my wits end. I made up my mind to make sure i pay the up to $10 to talk to a LIVE PERSON the next time I make a payment (if we keep Direct Tv)