Direst TV & Wildblue / Three days and Countless Phone Calls

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Wildblue and Direct TV was installed this Friday 13th.
One of the first things the instructions said was to go to http://myaccount.wildblue.net and set up My Account. What a night mare. I entered the User Name and Pass Word that I had been given. The section turns all red with a Notice that my entry did not Match their records. O.K. there is HELP. I click on help and write a short message. Nada ( no help.) Saturday I try again. Same thing. No help. Sunday ( day three) I am determined to get this resolved. After some searching I come up with a phone number. Not surprising it is for Wildblue. After some time on the phone I finally get a LIVE person. Now the fun begins. She listens and finally tells me, She is sorry but I will have to call Direct TV. I call Direct TV ( this is or should be very simple ) all I need is a User and or password Reset. After explaining this to her she informs me that it is not a Direct TV issue I need to call Wildblue. This went on back and forth for Two and a half, maybe Three hours. It came to an end after I demanded to talk to a supervisor at Direct TV. The names still are not Reset that will take 24 to 72 hours. My bank can and will reset a name in less then 30 seconds.
Oh, I did get hung up on by a so called Tech at Direct TV when I demanded to talk to a supervisor.
I am not looking forward to working with either of these companies. I have already began my search for legal help. I will not be treated this way and what I have read about these two companies has not been very encouraging

Comments

• Te
      6th of Aug, 2008

on 8/6/08 i called direct tv to ask how i could have moved my service and them still send the bill to the old address i was told by desire that it happens! I then ask were my new customer credit was for the month of august and my understanding is since my billing date has been changed for some unknown reason to myself or them it might have been tossed into the bermuda triangle as far as they are concerned. i thought to move the service was free but it looks like it has cost me plenty...they have no concern for your complaint or whether it is ever resolved or not just give them their paycheck on friday and they probably spend it to pay their tv bill with another company. i also ask for a supervisor only to be hung up on and when i called back was told it would probably be better to call back the next day.i mean why should they get paid to help me when someone else can do it tomorrow. is there any one at direct tv who cares how the customers are really treated?