DirecTV / service cancellation

I had a horrible situation. I called in December to cancel my service but the representative never canceled it in their system. I owed a bill so I paid it and that's all they said I called to do. A month later when I never received the box to return the boxes like the rep said I would receive, I called back to get them sent. They said they would. Never was it told to me that my service wasn't canceled. Again, I never received the box and called again. This time the person told me to go to a ups store and they ship them for me. I did that but the ups store internet connections were down and I couldn't. I shipped them back myself with fed ex and paid it myself. In April I noticed that my credit card had been billed every month since January for my service that I had candelled. I have called to get refunded. The first call went well and I was told I would receive my refund in two weeks. Well I never did. I have called about 5 times since and each time they said a manager would contact me. Well a manager never did. I had to keep calling. Well today I called and they said I will never receive a refund because it was my fault because I never canceled in December and I never cancelled the payments. I did cancel. The payments were set up automatically. I never realized my service wasn't cancelled until April when I saw my credit card statement. I had no reason to check it because it should have been canceled. This is your reason for keeping over 800.00 of my money. I was told send a letter to legal. I will not do that because I feel I should not have to. I should be refunded my money without having to go through all this hell. I am so angry with this company. I have my phone service with you as well and I will be canceling that. If you wish to respond my email is. [protected]@yahoo.com

Be
Jul 30, 2018

Comments

• Co
      Jul 30, 2018

Next time you cancel something ask for a confirmation number. The problem you have now is you can't prove you canceled and they will never admit it's their fault.

It's also a good idea to check your credit card statement every month. If you find unauthorized charges you can dispute it with your credit card company. If you wait to long to dispute a charge the bank won't help you.

• Tc
      Jul 30, 2018

the comments I've read from these customers are the same problems I'm having. they are fraudulent to say the least and i will never do business with at&t. a billion dollar company ripping off customers for canceling services . they know what they are doing is not right and i hope an attorney would file a class action lawsuit to teach them a lesson. stay away from at&t direct tv

• Su
      Jul 30, 2018

Direct TV is the worst company I have ever dealt with! Was set up in my 87 year old step-father's name because my brother had lousy credit. Had two boxes in his house. We knew my brother was moving out and were promised one free move. Move made and then charged $199.00 for move. Called three times to get return box for two remotes, and extra box because no longer needed. Thank God we never had time to get direct billing and get in mail. Last month, paid for all charges, except $199.00 charged for move. Never got bill next month, but check was cashed on 6/20. They cut off service to my brother on 7/24. Just got bill today and payment on 6/20 not shown. My brother called and customer service told him that he was promised a "worry free" move and not a free move. Have nothing in writing to go on. Cannot find address to send back equipment. Customer service told my brother to bring to Fed Ex, but have read many complaints that even when they returned equipment in their box, they were not given credit.

• Su
      Jul 30, 2018

This is what I have done with their lousy dish that can't be removed by any tool known to mankind.