DirecTech / Incompetence

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Thomas Gibson, a Tech Supervisor, was at my home on June 10, 2008 and was in too big of a hurry to get to the lake and didn't install my HD DVR/Dish correctly & I've had to have 3 other service calls. I have written letters to the BBB of El Segundo, CA (DirecTV corp office) and Houston, TX BBB (DirecTech corp office). Thomas Gibson needs to be demoted to laborer. What a Lazy, Incompetent employee.

& DirecTV hasn't poneyed up to the bar on their promises either. DTV customer service is neither award winning nor is it compentent.

I wish there were other providers!!! (no DishNetwork isn't that good in my area, and TWCable is even worse)

Comments

• Di
      21st of Aug, 2008

my name is Earl Evans I've been a loyal directv customer for over 4 years now, i went to directv's mover connection to go from chicago IL to urbana IL (central IL).On 8-1-08 an installer from Bluegrass came out in the afternoon, he left an hour later, a few days later i noticed i had no local channels not Fox CBS, ABC, Ect.I called directv's (Get the customer off the phone quickly service) and was told i lived in a 2 dish zone, they scheduled another appointment for me.On 8-17-08 another installer showed up once he realized i needed another dish he informed me he didn't have the right equipment, i politely asked him to leave.After that i called bluegrass dispatch located in bloomington IL and the lady was apologetic she stated she would send another installer 8-18-08 prior to 10 am, 10:30 i called bluegrass after not hearing from them, jennifer from bluegrass said she couldn't reach installer that was suppose to come.I asked her (jennifer)to call directv and let them know if they don't want to do rest of work, she stated ok i will.I then called directv and got a supervisor she called jennifer to find out why she made a comment like that, jennifer denied until she realized i was on 3 way call, then stated she thought thats what i wanted.A supervisor from Bluegrass (Randy) said he will sent an installer out that evening (8-18-08) all i had to do is call him when i finished up work.At 4:15;pm i called randy and informed him i was leaving work, he told me he forgot so, i called directv got no help they told me to install and purchase satellite myself.I called Bluegrass again to ask for info address legal name to file a complaint with BBB (Amber) told me we don't care nothing ever happens anyway.The only reason why i put up with this is because i get the NFL ticket and they are the only tv place we can get it maybe the NFL should reconsider renewing their contract to get rid of the customer service monster that was created, totally unaccepta ble service.