DirectBuy / scam pressure tacticts

1 AL, United States Review updated:

I agree with what everyone is saying.We went thru a nightmare over our first and only purchase.This was very unfriendly and i felt confused and my train of thought was a mess when we sighned.I have fibroalgia and a bad back cant take the kind of stress i went thru.I filed a complaint with the BBB.And directbuy replyed back to them saying just the opposite of what happened.I found at least 12 things they said that was just not true.Shame on the founder all the way down or should i say up the ladder.They dont have any morals or feelings.Allt they care about is decieving innocent hard working people just trying to save a little money.Thats not going to happen with us because i am afraid to buy anything else.This D.B. we went to In my opinion is totally backward in the way the process is done.

Comments

• Di
      22nd of May, 2009

I agree that DirectBuy definitely plays "mind games" in intimidating and sometimes shaming people into signing-up for memberships. When you actually place an order, you find that the nightmare is only beginning. I am appalled that the BBB allows DB to be members in good standing. I have also noticed that DB is sending out various press releases showing that they are "community minded" in supporting various charities. They are scamming people. I wonder when someone will actually get them shut down. The t.v. stations only want their advertising dollars & the State Attorney General's office is overrun with big piles of cases they are working on...DB is small potatos in their book. I don't know what the solution is but I am going to keep warning as many people as I can to stay away & not respond to DB's advertising & enticing promises.

22nd of May, 2009

Good for you.Maybe we should all write the state attorney generals office about how serious this is. Thanks for your input.

4th of Jun, 2009

I have an ongoing complaint with the BBB in birmingham.Direct buy is calling me a lier.Im sticking to my guns.They are saying all kind of things that didnt happen.I wish i knew how to write everyone and tell them to go thru the BBB in thier state.If everyone did this maybe we all could shut them down.One person cant do much but a lot could do better.If you know of any way to get everyone to do this i would be 4-ever grateful.

4th of Jun, 2009

We all need to contact the Better business b The BBB in each state .Dont give up. Please if anyone noes how to tell everyone please do so.Pass it on this is to important to do nothing.Thanks

5th of Jun, 2009

Rita-
    I totally agree with you. We need to keep the pressure on. The problem with the BBB is that they allow businesses to "buy" memberships, which gives them credibility. If you do a search on the BBB website, you'll find that most of the DirectBuy franchises are members who carry the BBB seal of approval. I think that's just wrong.

Many people who have been ripped off are ashamed to admit it, so they just take their financial loss and consider it a lesson. I wish people would speak up so we can get DirectBuy shut down. They are a scam and sell empty promises and dreams to unsuspecting consumers.

I found out there are actually five class action lawsuits against DirectBuy and spoke to one of the lead attorneys for the case filed in California a couple of days ago. He was hopeful and is really trying to get this case moved through the legal system quickly. Hopefully we will all see some resolution in the not too distant future. Until then, I appreciate people like you who try to warn people to stay away from DirectBuy!

I believe justice will prevail and DirectBuy will be punished in the end.

10th of Jun, 2009

Thanks so much for your comment.I too think that the BBB is on thier side .They closed my case.I had emailed the guy that sent the last notice but it didnt help then i did a rebutal thru their site .I ask them why didnt they do more to help the people like doing some research .I also ask them was it because they were not being funded by us.Then i guess that made them mad cause i quickly got a notice in mail that the case was closed. Its like you said DB is funding.The BBB is no better than DB in my opinion.I also called a lawer up north.She said they were working on it .I gave her my e-mail address.IM praying someone will help us.God bless you all and good luck.

23rd of Jun, 2009

It's too bad the BBB wasn't able to help you. Until DirectBuy, I always felt the BBB was there to protect innocent consumers from unscrupulous companies like DB.

You might try contacting your state's attorney general's office. I tried in California, however, there's only power in numbers that gets their attention. They did admit they had some complaints, however, not enough to pursue opening a court case. Perhaps you'd like to go the class action route whereby you don't have to put any more financial resources up towards paying legal fees. All of the attorney & court fees are paid through a settlement if we (the consumers) win. If not, no harm, no foul. There are several class action lawsuits currently filed throughout the United States. If you're interested in contact information & joining a lawsuit, let me know & I'll post the information.

Good luck, Rita. I hope we all continue to do what's right in warning other people to stay away from DirectBuy!

• Te
      18th of Aug, 2009

Hey all, "I'm goin in"! But I want to get the illusive contract, I'm on a mission that the CBC took on a while back.

I need all the ammo i can get to pull this off, any info on tactics or abilities to be left alone to "think about it the contract" would be great.

I'll cut them a bogus cheque as there would be no way my account would cover it.

Thanks all!!

19th of Aug, 2009

Good for you maybe we can bait the hook and fish those crooks in like they did us they never gave us a chance to walk around and think before acting.Just a lot of bull and pressure, thanks to all for writing me and giving me imfo GOD BLESS YOU ALL .Lets not let them win.Money is thier root of all evil.

2nd of Oct, 2009

yes id like to get in on any class action going on.I cant fight them by myself i have spent many hours trying.IM disabled.I live in oxford al so the closest law firm would might be better.

• Js
      15th of Nov, 2009

My husband and I live in Albertville and we are interested in gettting involved as well. We joined in Huntsville and we want our money back. By the time you add tax, shipping, and fees you could have went and bought an item and brought it home that day! Direct buy is a joke! My email is jessicasellers@charter.net. If anyone knows where to begin.

• Cs
      2nd of Feb, 2011

My husband and I live in Tuscaloosa, AL and would also like to get involved in a class action suit. Does anyone know how we can begin the process or join a case already in progress?