[Resolved] Direct Web Designweb design

The company is based in India but has advertised to have offices all over Australia. However, when you try to call the customer service line there is just an automated message. Even if you leave a message you will never be called back! It seems that there is only one lonely Indian in the company - named Roman. Everything was offered from the start, but the web site build took over 1 month and was not completed. When I asked to have handed over to me what was already completed (and what I paid for) because Roman could not resolve some issues, I was told that I'll get nothing until I pay the entire invoice. Communication was appalling - even after trying to call the company and asking them to call me, there were only email comms in BAD English.
I have paid $580 for a website and have absolutely nothing!

• Resolution statement

• Direct Web Design Customer Care's Response, Jan 16, 2018

Hi Christine,

Your website had only started on 6th of December when you had sent through all details and confirmed to proceed ahead with the project.

Throughout the project build we had provided regular updates and at the end of the website when it was ready to go live and connect to eBay we had mentioned that whilst building your website eBay had updated their policy's where they mentioned that all new websites connecting to eBay must have a valid SSL certificate installed to make the website secure.

When starting the website this was not the case but towards the end of the build this is when eBay introduced the new policy which was out of our control and I mentioned it would only cost $99 to purchase and install an SSL certificate and once purchased we could install it on your server with no issues.

We went on end of year holidays on the 23rd December up until the 17th of January in which we had placed a notice on our website, on our phones voicemail system and email auto responders mentioning that we would be closed for the holidays, whilst I was overseas I had no phone reception and could only contact you during wifi hot spot locations in which I kept in contact with you every day and had also told you via email that I was away overseas and would be back on the 17th of January.

You had mentioned that we're an Indian company and a sole trader, can you please let me know where this assumption has come from as we're defiantly not an Indian company and are Australian based.

As mentioned from our emails everything on your website has been completed and the final thing to do now is to purchase an SSL certificate as eBay have required and once done they will approve your wbesite and connect it to their system, apart from that everything else has been completed and ready to go live in which you had mentioned in a previous email to send you the final invoice in which we have done so we're waiting your response.

• Direct Web Design Customer Care's Response, Jan 24, 2018

As there has been no response from this person this has now been closed off.

Ch
Jan 11, 2018

Comments

•   Feb 07, 2018

J Doolan Pty Ltd is a 4th Generation, Family Owned Furniture Relocation Company, servicing clients in the Melbourne Metropolitan Area & outer suburbs since 1921. We recently engaged Direct Web Design to create a new Website to reflect the high standard of services our Company provides. We are very impressed with the sleek, professional result!

One of our key objectives was that our Site be user friendly and simple to navigate; Direct Web Design has exceeded all our expectations!

Direct Web Design’s customer service is outstanding; from their prompt, courteous response to our all our enquiries, advice, instruction, to the speed in which the new Website was established.

We are pleased to highly recommend Direct Web Design to anyone looking for outstanding Web design and service.

Yours sincerely,