Direct TV / took money that wasnt owed

TN, US Review updated:

Directv took over $1048.49 ut of my bank account without any authorazation.They have left me beyond broke with two kids to take care of, no way to get food or gas for my car. They ell me it will be 10 business days for them to review and then refnd te money. that doesnt help me for the 14 days it takes f them to prove they were in the wrong and not me before they give me my money. I have direct deposit for my paycheck and now that money is gone to because my account is overdrawn. What does some one do when this happens. Am i to just suck it up and starve for the next week and wait on directv to give my money back to me in * more days? I need help getting through to the that i need to talk to some one and get this resolved so that I have my money. No one from directv has even called me to say anything. I have made all the calls, even though they have my number and my bank is who faxed them the information about what they have done!

Comments

• Th
      Oct 25, 2012

DirecTV will most likely not refund your money. Even if they do, it will take months. Your best bet is to dispute the charge with your bank. Tell them it was an unauthorized charge. You may have to press them a bit, but they should do it. Then change your card number so DirecTV can't charge it again.

• Th
      Oct 25, 2012

In addition to above advice if you correspond with DTV make sure it's CMRRR. If you talk on the phone record the calls. You are better off protecting yourself that way too. Later if they claim they never received anything from you that won't stand (in case you ever sue or something).