Direct TV / fraudulent billing
Attention: Billing Disputes
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80155
In regard to account # [protected]:
On 07/05/2006 I (E-mailed) (method corrected see correction note below) called customer service and requested this account be disconnected 08/01/2006. I just discovered that it was not disconnected and I have been auto draft paying this bill from my checking account ever since.
I called and had this account terminated 2/24/2008(9) (year corrected see correction note below) so it is no longer an active account.
I desire a refund of all monies paid to this account from 08/01/2006 to the present. Please advise. Thank You
George F. Griepp
George F. Griepp
April 8, 2009
As of this date, I have not received a response from you. Please respond to this second inquiry ASAP. You may contact me at:
Please leave a message on the answering machine if I do not answer.
Friday, April 24, 2009
I have been a loyal and happy customer account #[protected], who is now very dissatisfied with your company and feel you have stolen from me. I have discovered numerous posts online alleging the same failure to refund erroneous over billing practices and your violation of the Do Not Call registry.
Please note the bolded corrections in my first letter dated February 25, 2009 above. Today I discovered I had typed an incorrect date in my original letter and have corrected the date with this letter. I was also informed today that I E-mailed requesting the service termination for August 1, 2006. My apologies for any confusion caused by my errors.
I have just completed two hours conversing on the phone with various offices of yours and was informed that the afore mentioned claim, account #[protected] was denied. I was never informed of this disposition, as you were apparently calling an old phone number.
“Ed” (R6211) at [protected] informed me that he would have to “go with” the decision of the representative who denied the claim because:
• Bills have been mailed each month to the account address
• That after my E-mail requesting termination you made a marketing call to the number on the account and that you were told “she would think about it and call you back”
• On November 29, 2008 an inbound call was made to you changing the name from “Faith” to mine.
I am requesting a further review of this claim and requesting a refund of all monies paid since August 1, 2006 because:
• I E-mailed you requesting termination.
• Any response to my E-mail service termination order should have been to me and only me, using the information contained within the E-mail signature.
• This address was no longer a valid service address after August 1, 2006, per my E-mail.
• I vacated the apartment prior to August 1, 2006 and terminated my lease on that date.
• I disconnected and stored the DirecTV receiver prior to August 1, 2006
• I did not call you on November 11, 2008 requesting a name change on account #[protected].
You have committed credit card fraud as you failed to comply with my original E-mail order to disconnect service at the Cabot, Arkansas service location. You continued to charge the credit card without legal authorization and in direct contradiction of my E-mailed order. In addition, your overly aggressive sales efforts to prevent disconnection of this account were in direct contradiction of my expressed E-mailed order, you failed to contact the authorized credit card holder, and you did not receive any authorization from me to continue charges to my credit card for the Cabot, Arkansas location beyond August 1, 2006.
If you fail to readdress this grievance I will terminate my current account ([protected]), post numerous factual complaints online to give you the most widespread, unfavorable publicity possible, and be willing to share my story publically with any communication media. In addition, I will institute legal action to recover all monies charged to the credit card listed on this account since August 1, 2006, due to your credit card fraud.
I furnished you a correct phone number in my second letter, above and again, here is my correct contact information: [protected]. Please reply to this letter or call me at the number listed herein. If I do not receive a response within ten days from today, I will institute legal action.
George F. Griepp
George F. Griepp
Monday, April 27, 2009
Just spoke with Emily (BOIU 1710) from the Office of the President. She stated that they would not refund any of the charges due to:
• “notes on the account”
• My “failure to notice the charges”
After I asked for credit, she offered a credit on my current account of $10/month for 12 months.
I declined the offer and informed her that negative publicity and legal action will be forthcoming.
During today’s call I was told that the notification on 7/11/2006 had been by incoming call and that the representative noted “I would think about it and get back with them”
That is a lie I was already divorced and we were vacating the apartment 8/1/2006. I believe the representative did not want to assume the liability of a disconnected account.
It seems that every time I call I get different versions of what transpired in the past and how I contacted them.
I find it amazing that a company that made such a grievous error would not make a better good faith effort for customer satisfaction and retention.
I would have been willing to remain a customer and receive credit for a significant portion of the fraudulent charges on my monthly bill.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - direct tv refund
- DirecTV - billing/refund
- DirecTV - tv service
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement