Direct TV / changed package rates

1 Gainesville, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-468-4872

I have subscribed for Direct TV connection choice package. At the time of application, the sales representative told me that I am eligible for $20/month rebate so that I will pay effectively 29.99 per month.

I have received only one rebate form for $10.oo/month. When I called customer service, the reply was "we are showing that you are eligible for $10.00/month rebate only". They are not willing to check the conversation at the time of subscription.

The representative (Bob) at Billing dept of Direct TV threatened me that they will send me penalty notice for $480.00 if I cancel the deal.

I was totally mislead and cheated by sales rep for which I am now being forced to pay $10.oo more for 12 months. The customer service dept at Direct TV is not willing to check the recorded conversation at the time of acceptacne of the package. It is totally a big scam.

Comments

Je
  23rd of May, 2008

A similar thing happened to me and I too was told there is a fee of over $400 to cancel. Direct TV should be charged with this Scam!! It is not fair that we have to stay with a company for 2 years because we were given wrong info from their employees. If you go to consumeraffairs.com the complaints are endless.