Direct TV / unfair practices

2230 East Imperial HighwayEl Segundo, CA, United States
3.35
Phone: 310 964-5000
I had a bulgary in my home and my television and other personal items were taken. The Chicago Police department was called and a police report was obtained. The incident was reported to customer service. I was instructed that my account had to be at a zero balance and at that time they could suspend the service. I paid the balance and called back to customer service. This time when I callled customer service and was told something completely different. I was told my service has to be in exsistance for 60days. This 60day policy was never disclosed when I obtained the service, not on agreement, nor was this disclosed at time of installation.At, the time of the bulgary I had the service for less than 2wks. I have contacted the BBB, with no resolution obtained. I was contacted from the office of the president, per my voicemail( no name was left), they stated the service could be cancelled if the balance was paid. The balance on the account at that time was $192.47. I have not been able to purchased another TV, this balance is for service I never used. I am not requesting to cancel the agreement, but suspend service and charges during time of inactivity.
In