Direct TV / early cancellation

United States Review updated:

I signed a 2 year commitment with Directv for a HDTV box and a STD box. In November 2012 they came out with a box with HDMI connection and they said if I have a box with the RCA plug type connection I could swap it out for $20. I did. They said I entered into another 2 year contract because of this. This was a " like for like" swap. It was not an upgrade to the system. I have gone with another provider and Directv said I owe $380 cancellation fee. I really owe them $40 for 22 months of service. I am protesting this through Discover Card.

Da
Apr 10, 2013

Comments

• M4
      Apr 10, 2013

You should just get netflix like a normal person.

•   Apr 14, 2013

mkstitch,

It would be my pleasure to help you! I came across your post and wanted to inquire about that. Could you please provide me with some more details in a private message as to what you're referring to just for clarification? I'll look forward to your response!

•   Apr 24, 2013

mkstitch,

I understand your concern and had requested a private message just for your security of any personal information. We hated to have seen you go! What were the offers that were proposed?

• Bl
      Apr 29, 2013

Mr Prater,

Ready to fight back? Consumer Fraud Legal Services has consumer rights lawyers who focus exclusively on defending customers from fraudulent billing, contracts, and service problems like the one in your consumer complaint. Using the Consumer Fraud Act, we will try and get you a refund. Regardless, our time is free. If we win, the law requires the company to pay our legal fees.

Contact CFLS at: