Direct TV / property damage

45475 Caboose Terrace, #302 Sterling 20166United States Review updated:

Property damage by direct tv:

Three years ago I had direct tv contractor come to my condo to install direct tv service. The worker was inexperienced and unaware of proper installation procedures. He went to the attic of my walk in closet in the search of cable points and stepped on the fire sprinkler system causing my two bedroom condo to flood. The flooding caused loss of valuable materials and sentimental memorabilia. The entire place was inhabitable for a month... As my condo was being worked on.In the meantime I lived in a hotel, with family and friends when the bills got expensive. At the same time I filed a complaint with direct tv for expenses incurred. It has now been three years and I am still fighting this legal battle which has cost me thousand of dollars.

Bottom line: direct tv through their lawyers have dragged this case on and on claiming they hire contractors who hire sub-contractors to do the installation.In fact the two companies contracted by direct tv don't have license to operate legally in virginia. Direct tv was unaware of this. They claim they are not liable and that I should go after the contracting company. But I didn't call the contracting company j&j I called the direct tv number as advertised and promised to have professional installation done. I am still fighting... But to all of you there please hire someone else...

Rukhsana amiri
Sterling, va.

Comments

Ke
  17th of Jun, 2010
Please stand up together we can make a right thing
We will open a campaign to force Direct TV to provide their services to consumers rightful and Direct T V should obey the fed or/and state regulation that should protect consumers. Direct TV, They are running a big scam right now by giving out misleading information and flyers all over Medias. By many and many scams from Direct TV’ false advertisement, wrong billing, poor and incompetent customer service, Unauthorized over charge, cancelation fee and 24 hours only policy for cancelation, Harassing calls, scam selling, property and roof damage and more to notice. It is ridiculous for consumers that are allowed only 24 hours to cancel the services from the first day installation if consumers are not satisfied.
We need stand up together to ask our Congress representatives, our senators, our local force law force, our State General Attorney to sent a clear and strong message to Direct TV. We want State and Federal open investigation on all over Direct TV misleading services to our consumers for many years. We should not allow this happen in our society today.
We will collect all the problems you have, are facing with Direct TV and we will sent letters to all official agencies and Congress. Please have your name and address if applicable.
Best Regards