Direct TV / fraud charges!

1 2230 E Imperial HighwayUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 310-535-5000

I purchased my Direct TV equipment through Circuit City while buying a TV. When the installer came out he asked what I paid for the equipment at Circuit City. He said he had a better deal and instructed me to call the company and cancel the original order and re-order through his company, Direct Star. He said they would refund the original equipment cost. The end result is that I have paid $400 for equipment purchased from Direct TV through Circuit City and paid another $300 for the same equipment from Direct Star.

I have called them and sent emails requesting a refund. They have ignored it. Then I called VISA. During that process Direct TV and Direct Star acknowledge the double payment but refuse to remedy the problem. VISA will not do anything now because this happened more than 60 days ago.

Va

Comments

• Ga
      12th of May, 2010

Jake Moore and Bridget were going through my neighborhood to talk about Satellite TV.
    They wore shirts with a Dish Logos. The car for installation of new dish network equipment had the name "dish" on it. I commented "Oh your with dish network". Great, I really like Dish Network and have enjoyed it for years.

They started talking about "how they can save me money." I called Dish Network the next day to thank them for reducing my monthly fee. Dish Network stated "No one from our office solicited through neighborhoods. I spoke with a gentlement in the Denver Cooporate Offices and found out that these individuals were employees of DishOn Satellite and signing customers up to Direct TV. I called DishOne and they say I have to talk to Direct TV, Direct TV refuses to cancel without charging me a fee of $400.00 and that I have a 2 year contract. Direct TV told me to talk with DishOne.

THIS IS A SCAM, COMMITTING FRAUD, AND EVERYONE IN AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW.

When I tried to call Direct TV Cooperate Office, they want you to sign up to pay a Managed Long Distance fee to talk to their cooporate office.

ANOTHER SCAM BY DIRECT TV - MANAGED LONG DISTANCE

DIRECT TV, ANDREW EMPLOYEE #428666 refused to give me his supervisors name and Jay Employee #100387140, and Justin in Alabame refused to cancel unless I paid $400.00.
    I am going to contact the FCC, My in NM State and in Washington DC senators, the NM Attorney General's Office, and the Fraud Division of the Albuquerque Police Department, and I going to sue DishOne and Direct TV for Fradulent business practices. gayle griffith