Direct TV / lied about 30 day trial!

We signed up for their "30 day risk free trial". My husband had been a customer 2 yrs. before and was "inactive" When I signed up I asked 3 times, this is a 30 day trial right? But when we went to cancel they said we didn't qualify and now they've been billing us 280$ for over a year. Any company in the world would simply be interested in basic reasonable customer service. Not them! Direct TV is evil! Poachers of the little guy! They should be shut down!

Comments

• Do
      21st of Nov, 2007

Contact your State Attorney Generals office & make a case to them. Have dates, billed $$, phone contacts with the TV company to give them. You have to go after these bad companies. They are counting on you doing nothing more than complaining... like everyone else.

12th of Nov, 2008

i just started service with direct tv not even one week ago. i called 1800 directtv to start service and they said i had a 30 day trial and i just tried to cancel my service because they told me that i would have free installation in up to four rooms at any time within my contract. when i called not even one week after i started my service to get another box in my room they told me i would have to pay 220.00 for the basic reciever and 5.00 a month for the service. i was aware of the 5.00 a month but they lied about the free installation. then when i told them i was misinformed and i would like to cancel they said my trial period ends as soon as the equiptment is installed and that i would have to pay $360.00 to cancel. bad business. i have never had trouble like this with any company.

• Js
      2nd of Jul, 2009

direct tv is horrible!!! i just got direct tv two days ago... i called direct tv one day after i started service (within 24 hours) to cancel my service. i asked the lady on the phone how long i had to decide if i wanted to cancel. SHe told me 30 days and i asked her over and over again "your sure i have 30 days?". "Yes sir, 30 days".. So i didnt decide to go throgh with canceling that day. The next day (which is today (two days into my service)) i called to cancel and they are now telling me that i only had 24 hours to decide. I tried to tell them that i did call to cancel yesterday and they told me i had 30 days. They said no, 24 hours is the limit. So i am furious right now. I am contacting my state (ohio) utulities commission and reporting this. This is BULL!! dont go with direct tv