Direct TV / prepaid visa card promotion
DirecTV promised up to $200 for if I disconnect my Dish Network service. Sure enough, I called Dish Networks, disconnected Service (their customer service was very rude threatening me with $175 early termination fee (I didn’t care about this much, but the guy tried to make it a huge deal)), and had DirecTV install their toys in my house. 5-6 months have passed, and I haven’t received the prepaid visa card till now (12/26/2013).
This is the story of the 5-6 months waste of stamps, gas to go to the USPS, energy and printer ink:
1. I sent 1st rebate mail to
DIRECTV Winback Early
Cancellation Fee Offer
PO Box 753725
El Paso, TX [protected]
2. I Got notification from DirecTV to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF (very basic paper to say this); the statement was sent, but they said it didn’t include the $175;
3. I Called Dish - they sent me the bill statement;
4. I sent a 2nd rebate mail to include early termination fee of $175;
5. I Got 2nd notification from DirecTV to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF;
6. I Called Dish again and after speaking with 5 representatives, they managed to e-mail me the last 6 months bill statements; Printed them out, put the rebate form again, and sent it over to DirecTV;
7. Called DirecTV – spoke with 2 reps (to include a manager/supervisor); they said that the statement (which I read them over the phone) is fine;
8. Sent 3rd rebate mail with statement that included the Early Termination Fee of $175;
9. Yet again, I got notification to say the initial rebate mail doesn't include Dish Network bill statement to say ECF;
10. I submitted complaint online through DirecTV; Spoke with Ismael P (ID U5632) DIRECTV Resolution Specialist who was quick to ask me to resend the form to the same address, emphasizing to me that I have to do this and that, as if I haven’t done that 3 times already. Hard to believe that. He even sent ma an e-mail with instructions on how to submit my rebate form. Unbelievable, again. I told the guy I’m a Computer Science Engineer – MBA in IT Management, not an idiot not to be able to follow their basic instructions through.
11. Resolution specialist sent me over to Cancellation department, after I insisted I’m done with doing business with them. I ended up begging the guy to send me over there.
12. Cancellation department wants to take their lovely 7-10 business days to get back to me with a solution. No thank you!
My wallet has an indentation of $515 to include $175 from Dish Network termination fee, and $340 early cancellation fee from DirecTV. Way to go, Dish and DirecTV. You both seem to be like Twins: bad customer service, poor management and unqualified employees to handle such problems (they were quick to tell me what to do, instead of listening to my initial problem).
After 4 months of being with DirecTV, I’m happy to be free from DirecTV and Dish Networks.
TV cable is gone from my house, and it will stay that way for my whole life. No more, no more, no more. Done and forever Farwell!
I can’t wait for that day when both of these businesses will find something else to do, but provide TV Cable services.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - billing dispute 
- Direct TV - direct tv refund
- DirecTV - billing/refund
- DirecTV - tv service
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement