Direct TV / additional charges
After having Direct TV service for over a year, we decided to add another "box"
receiver to the third bedroom, simple enough I call Direct TV to ask what the cost would be. They quoted me 79.99 for the receiver and installation. So I agreed to have them come out and add the "box" to the other room.
My normal Monthy bill is $ 68.36. When then following bill came it was $251.02 for current month.
they charged me a delivery and handling fee of $19.95,
Installation of $80.00
Standard receiver Upgrade of $69.00
almost $ 170.00
I had called them to see if there was a mistake and they repiled that "that was the charges " and they could not help me. I was shocked to hear them say that,
so with much furstration I asked to cancel the service as I felt I was misrepresented in the cost of adding a "box".
There response was that if I canceled I would have to pay an early cancelation fee. She told me that because I added the extra box that it statrs a new agreement in which I must keep for 18 months.
My advice is to ANYBODY THINKING OF GETTING DIRECT TV, DONT DO IT!
THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF IF GIVIN THE CHANCE.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept