Direct TV / additional charges

After having Direct TV service for over a year, we decided to add another "box"
receiver to the third bedroom, simple enough I call Direct TV to ask what the cost would be. They quoted me 79.99 for the receiver and installation. So I agreed to have them come out and add the "box" to the other room.
My normal Monthy bill is $ 68.36. When then following bill came it was $251.02 for current month.
they charged me a delivery and handling fee of $19.95,
Installation of $80.00
Standard receiver Upgrade of $69.00
almost $ 170.00
I had called them to see if there was a mistake and they repiled that "that was the charges " and they could not help me. I was shocked to hear them say that,
so with much furstration I asked to cancel the service as I felt I was misrepresented in the cost of adding a "box".
There response was that if I canceled I would have to pay an early cancelation fee. She told me that because I added the extra box that it statrs a new agreement in which I must keep for 18 months.
My advice is to ANYBODY THINKING OF GETTING DIRECT TV, DONT DO IT!
THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF IF GIVIN THE CHANCE.

Do

Comments

20th of Sep, 2012

After i signed thee contract withe direct TV it was a night mare.
    My normal Monthely bill was going to be $82.00 withe tax, when the following bill can was for 165.00 for current monthe. and theey tell me theat i have to call ATT so theey can connect me thee Internet and theey charged me a delivery and handling fee and thee box plus one monthe service $133.05, I had called theem to see if theere was a mistake and theey replied theat "theat was thee charges " and theey could not help me. I was shocked to hear theem say theat,
    so withe much frustration I asked to cancel thee service as I felt I was misrepresented and theey tell me theat if i cancel thee service theey will charge me $480 and i asked why ?There response was theat is early cancellation fee. so i said OK I'm not going to cancel i will try to understand, and now theat I'm move to anotheer house i call to transfer my services to my new address theey tell me theat i have to pay $240 because i don't thee thee 6monthe yet !!! what is wrong withe theis people is my big mistake to change to DIRECT TV !!! My advice is to ANYBODY THINKING OF GETTING DIRECT TV, DONT DO IT!
    THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF IF GIVIN THE CHANCE.