Direct TV / worst customer service/poor quality
Direct tv has terrible customer service and poor product quality. Dish is much better at both. I encountered terrible attitudes from customer service from the beginning, but could not cancel the contract without paying the $5oo.Oo fee (Some states have a 15 day grace period-not mo). Do not do direct tv unless you want to be treated like crap!!! Only 1 phone rep was decent-the others were trained idiots. We even wrote letters to the president and the billing office in colorado. This was months ago. The president's office - not the president-said "there is nothing we can do-pay us now or pay us for 2 years-basically said "screw you and the horse...". The other letter has still, to this day, not been responded to in any way. I assume the post office still delivers in colorado.
We never had a problem with dish. We h ad 2 receivers and could rewind all of the tv's (4 of them) and record programs from any tv. Now we have 4 receivers, can't rewind on 3 of them, and can only record on 1. We had to have techs come out to install the system (Take out high-tech and put in low -tech), had to buy unnecessary equipment, change schedules many times, to end up with bad service, bad system and hearing "too bad" too many times to count from the "representatives.
It's a 2yr contract due to the "special". I can't wait to go back to dish.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable satellite 
- DirecTV - at&t internet & bundled promotions with directv
- DirecTV - early termination fee of $139.12 as of feb/18. this was because of upgrade to 4k 
- DirecTV - new directv menu is awful 
- DirecTV - my installation