Direct TV / worst customer service/poor quality

Direct tv has terrible customer service and poor product quality. Dish is much better at both. I encountered terrible attitudes from customer service from the beginning, but could not cancel the contract without paying the $5oo.Oo fee (Some states have a 15 day grace period-not mo). Do not do direct tv unless you want to be treated like crap!!! Only 1 phone rep was decent-the others were trained idiots. We even wrote letters to the president and the billing office in colorado. This was months ago. The president's office - not the president-said "there is nothing we can do-pay us now or pay us for 2 years-basically said "screw you and the horse...". The other letter has still, to this day, not been responded to in any way. I assume the post office still delivers in colorado.

We never had a problem with dish. We h ad 2 receivers and could rewind all of the tv's (4 of them) and record programs from any tv. Now we have 4 receivers, can't rewind on 3 of them, and can only record on 1. We had to have techs come out to install the system (Take out high-tech and put in low -tech), had to buy unnecessary equipment, change schedules many times, to end up with bad service, bad system and hearing "too bad" too many times to count from the "representatives.

It's a 2yr contract due to the "special". I can't wait to go back to dish.

Comments

• Ap
      7th of Oct, 2009

I hadTHE WORST experience ever. these people cussed my mom out and had the nerve to call her back and shove a pen up her- when she asked for the name of the sales agent and after he treated her like crap and told her she was dumb for the questions she asked then he called her back. We spoke to 2 people who did absolutely nothing to solve our problem- finally i got to speak to a so called supervisor who did NOTHING yet insisted on me still getting their service. Apparently therude and insulting agent kept the number of our home because he later on that night called and made a sad case of some kind of prank call talking about us being ###ed for the exact questions we made.
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHO TO COMPLAIN TO. NOBODY NO MATTER THEIR RANK SEEMS TO TAKE ANY CARE