Direct TV / over charged

United States Review updated:
After cancelling service with direct tv on nov. 13 because of moving to a condominium and not being allowed satellite service, paid the balance of the account in order to cancel service, asked if they needed the equipment back and was told, no they did not want the equipment back. Today one month later on dec. 15 we receive a new statement of service for 63.69. Called customer service, got transferred 3 times and finally connected to a representative which kept insisting that we never cancelled the service. It was a vicious service. Asked to talk to the manager and was told it was not possible, he could resolve it, but he kept insisting we never called to cancel. Well they are never going to get the 63.69 from us, they are thieves!
Iv

Comments

Er
  9th of Dec, 2008
I signed up for direct tv on a promotional of 34.99 plus tax 37.33 the bill came thru for 60.33 ? after calling to inquire on the difference I was told you had to call to set up the 23.00 discount affective immediately. The next month the bill came thru for once again 60.33? Once again calling to inquire as to why, I was then informed that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the discount to be applied. the failure on behalf of the Direct TV representative caused 2 transactions in my checking account to bounce@ $30.00 each.Had I been given this information before hand I would have been able to properly budget my finances. If you or I were to steel money from any source we would be charged as criminals . Although they did not physically steel from me, their negligence has led to my loss. During this conversation I asked for a supervisor several times (denied).At no time was I ever rude to the Representative (Stephanie) who actually was very rude to me stating she has explained every thing to me and there was nothing else she would do, then hanging up on me. To Stephanie, I hope you are satisfied with you outstanding customer service. signed, DOESN'T ANY ONE REMEMBER THE BOSTON TEA PARTY!
Da
  25th of Jan, 2009
Last year we decide to get the NFL package.It was for two years and the cost was two hundred and sixty nine dollars total.The first year was fine we paid sixty four dollars for four months and this year we have paid six hundred dollars for four month so we contacted them and they said that they didn't understand why we were over charged, and they wouldn't do anything about it so we canceled and now they want to charge us two hundred and eighty dollars.I feel that this was not part of the deal.
Ro
  15th of Apr, 2009
someone needs to contact a lawyer and file a class action law suit against direct tv. the better buisness bureau needs to help in this matter
Jh
  28th of Jul, 2009
Directtv is the worse system I have ever gotten in my years on this earth. The address is wrong. The billing is overcharged. The installation was 2 weeks late. The so called "bundle" with AT&T is a joke. Just take my word for ir. DON'T DO IT! I can't even get an address to write to the BBB.
Tl
  2nd of Nov, 2009
This is what I sent IMMEDIATELY to Directv when I realized I made an error in ordering on their website:
"Customer (Thomas Lower) - 11/01/2009 11:28 AM
I was trying to find programing information on the NFL Package and tried subscribed by mistake. I tried calling your 800 number to make sure I was not charged for this and i was not able to get though. I was put on hold, then hung up on twice. I do not want the package, I have not watched the package and I do not intend to pay for this package. Please do not charge me and please make sure I am not subscribed to the NFL package."

This was their response today:
"Response (Michael H ID U8397) - 11/02/2009 02:57 PM
Dear Mr. Lower,

Thanks for writing. I understand your concern about canceling the NFL SUNDAY TICKET and SuperFan and I can help. I have reviewed our information and see that sports subscriptions can’t be cancelled, transferred, refunded, or credited after the season starts. We have found that your account reflects the correct amount due. DIRECTV is unable to honor your request to remove the NFL SUNDAY TICKET sports packages.

Thank you again for writing and allowing us to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Michael H. ID#U8397
DIRECTV Resolution Specialist"

Here is my response today:
"Another reason that I will not be renewing with your company. I have been a customer for over 3 years, I always pay on time and this one time I ask for something to be removed after I mistakenly subscribe, you cannot accommodate. I sent the email and called IMMEDIATELY after I mistakenly ordered the package. The way that you advertise the package shows it as $49.00, which is why I ordered, then realized that it is only one of four payments AND I couldn’t even watch the game I ordered for. Your company has scammed me and I cannot wait until I can stop doing business with you. Please check out my postings at /link removed/ and with the BBB. I am really disappointed with how you do business with a long standing client, pathetic. I will make sure that all my facebook friends and tweeter followers know about this poor client service as well. Like they say, good news travels fast, bad news travels faster. I am sure the damage to your brand will do far more harm to you than ripping me off for $200."
Ro
  3rd of Nov, 2009
Let me know if you're from PA like me.
They had to pay me $3, 900.
thomasrnr@hotmail.com
Mr
  10th of Mar, 2010
I payed my February statement to Direct TV for $87.96 Direct TV cashed my check on March 8 and cashed my check again the next day on March 9 for the exact same amount with the same exact check number. I'm a supervisor of a retail store and I don't understand how that is virtually possible to cash the same check, with the same exact check number, for the exact same amount. I called Direct TV and spoke to a rep, she then transferred me to billing. Billing told me to take matters up with cooperate and my bank. That infuriated me and demanded I speak to a supervisor/manager. Once Direct TV cashed my check twice its their fault, not my banks. If this happens again, I'm switching cable companies. I will receive a $0 balance on my next billing statement but this was just so frustrating to be on the phone for 45 minutes to get the problem solved.
Ba
  16th of Dec, 2010
i ordered direct tv i signed up for the 34.99 service after a week i called them to tell them that the service i wanted i wasnt getting so they changed it and charged me for changing my service they billed me 19.95 which when asked about the charge it was for shipping and handling what is that supposed to be also i get a bill for 68.99 i called them again oh you didnt sign up for the discounts well they didnt mention anything about signing up on line to get the discounts so far i cannot get a straight bill allready sick of this company

DirecTV Logo DirecTV