Direct TV / adding nfl package without my authorization

Direct TV added NFL package to my account without my authorization. My husband noticed the big hike after a few payments and mentioned it to me. I proceeded to call the company and spent about 1 hour being directed to a woman that told me they would never do this without my authorization. She said they hire telemarketing companies that may have called me. Oh, I did receive a call for that but I said NO. She said she would have to go to different dept. and I would be notified within 5 days. Well 5 days went by and I said to my husband " have you received any new bills yet?" Well tonight after maybe a month we get a phone call from them saying if my bill isn't paid my service will be cut. I explained to the agent the first phone call and she said nothing was noted only that I cancelled it along with my ShowTime . I asked to speak to a supervisor again after 30 minute wait I hung up and called again. This time I was told because I once had it they automatically renew it at NFL time. I explained when I initially signed up it was given to me as a promotion but cancelled it after 5 weeks. ICANCELLED IT . I NEVER WANTED IT.
The agent was only able to credit me $60.00 while they billed me for 5 months without my authorization. THIS COMPANY MUST BE STOPPED, BEWARE OF DIRECT TV.

Jo

Comments

• So
      25th of Apr, 2009

Direct TV charges for MLB Sports package

I did not order or ever receive notification of renewal of this service
    While Calling Billing at Direct TV I was placed on hold 3 times and disconnected 3 times

After the fourth call I spoke with Loren who informed me he is the highest manager at Direct TV

I stated to Loren that my husband is critically ill and I would not have renewed. His response was "We do not give credit for sports channels and if I was unhappy let him know when I wanted to terminate my service

OF THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT ON ADVERTISING TO GENERATE NEW CUSTOMERS, IS IT REASONABLE TO THINK DIRECT TV WOULD LOSE A CUSTOMER OVER $99.50.