Direct TV / scam charges
After canceling my Direct TV subscription (Cable is cheaper and is unaffected by weather) Direct TV sent boxes for the receivers to be returned in, but on the same day made an unauthorized charge to my account for the amount of $1032.70. I returned the receivers the same day and they received them the next day but they still have not refunded my money. That was 3 weeks ago. They also assessed an early cancellation charge of $70. I had a one year contract and canceled after 1 1/2 yrs!
They also charge extra for HD service but you do not get the HD channels unless you pay extra for them! Their service is NON EXISTANT, quality is crappy, they do not have the slightest idea of what customer service is or how to achieve it, and they are a RIPOFF.
My bank said when you sign their agreement you are agreeing that they can charge your account for the equipment, and that they have 30 days to issue a credit once you return it. BEWARE OF THE FINE PRINT!!!
Stick with anyone but DIRECTV!!!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv