Direct TV / erroneous billing
Direct TV charged us for service at an address that was a vacant house.
We moved from California in August 2006. When we arrived in TX we started up a new account with Direct TV.
The DTVcustomer service Rep said start a new account to get the perks. We did. Six months later we get a bill for service at the old California address for $121.33.
Today is November 14, 2008 and after many letters, phone calls and explanations, Direct TV has never credited these charges.
No service was received and Direct TV will still not admit fault.
So, we waited until out 2 year contract ran out in Sept 2008 and we have two credits on our DTV account totalling $275.00. We want the money credited back to our bank account. On four different dates, 9/16/08, 10/23/08, 10/28/08 and 11/14/08 I have been told the "processing" time for these credit is 6-8 weeks from the last "transaction."
What a scam...DTV keeps our money and moves the cheese everytime I call in.
You can be sure I am calling on 1/5/08 (8 weeks from today). If I don't have my money by then...I will make another complaint.
My advise: Don't ever do business with DTV. While the reception may be good...their customer service and billing practices are deceitful.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Owner of property 4049 Powelton Avenue
- Direct TV - cable satellite 
- DirecTV - at&t internet & bundled promotions with directv
- DirecTV - early termination fee of $139.12 as of feb/18. this was because of upgrade to 4k 
- DirecTV - new directv menu is awful