Direct TV / they have no ethics and morals

We constantly get the 771 searching for signal area. There is absolutely positively nothing that can be in the way and the weather is perfect. They want to charge 79.95 to send some boy out to look at it when it is their product that is the problem. Also they have overbilled us nearly every month for the past year. We have to constantly call and get it sorted out. Correct one month then wrong again. What idiots. And the customer service is rude and useless. And that 2 year contract ! That big cement block around your neck. Never ever again. Never. How companies like this can be allowed to rip people off is just beyond me. They have no ethics and morals.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2009

I had an Direct TV account for over 12 years and, something really changed with this company. Over the past year and a half, I've had numerous programing problems. Any call to customer service(or in this case customer dis-service) results in over an hour on the phone and even more billing headaches later. For every one thing they fix the mess two more. They billing is mysterious, even with no movies ordered or changes to our programing my bill always has new mystery charges every month, and it would take hours of phone calls to get them corrected. Credits issued never seemed to affect billing. In December of 2008 I had finally had enough and cancelled my service. I had and ending balance 0f $83.95, but DTV owed me $50.00 in credits for over-billing me for a receiver that I did not have. Instead DTV charged my credit card $83.95 without my approval. I considered dusputing these charges with my bank, but decided to just be rid of the headache. However, on Jan 22, 2009 DTV once again charged my card without my approval, this time for $725.28 for "failing" to return receivers, even though they never sent the recovery kit. DTV claimed that Fed Ex had delievered the recovery kits to my home, a quick call the Fed Ex revealed no delieveries to my home in December or January. This company is king of fraud! they will steal you blind and never think twice about it. Buyer beware you have been warrned!!! BTW Dish Network is less expensive and does not require you to "purchase" rental equipment.