Direct TV / commitment contract & cancellation of service
I have a problem with direct tv. I was a customer for 8 years and then my dvr wasn't working right. I wanted new equipment. Direct tv told me that I would have to sign a 2 year commitment contract to get new equipment. I told them no thanks. The very next day a dvr arrived on my door step via fed ex. I called them to make sure that I would not be agreeing to a 2 year commitment if I used the dvr. They said no problem, no commitment!
I continued to have problems with the new equipment and called several time. I was never informed that I was under a new commitment agreement and they did not offer to do anything to fix my problems, so I went with another company. After installation of new equipment from a new company. I called direct tv to cancel. Now they tell me that I am under a commitment agreement and will have to pay extra to cancel. What should I do next? I never agreed to the commitment.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Can't get refunds returned when Direct TV overdrafts my bank account taking out more money than was due.
- DirecTV - Direct Tv
- DirecTV - dvr recordings
- DirecTV - satellite tv 
- DirecTV - signed up for directv satellite account without my authorization