Direct TVaccount closed auto pay still being taken out

My father, is 99 years old. His home on 734 Mallard Street in Redding California, sold in June of 2014. The Directtv account was in the name of wife, Virginia Jane Redelsperger who passed in November 2112. Directtv has continued to auto bill the account. The money continues to come out of account number [protected]. Directtv came to 734 Mallard too the old system out, moved it to 1850 Lake Blvd. Billed for both locations. I was told by AT&T that we I would be receiving soon. I have not received yet. My dad is in a assited living. Please review your records.

Thank you for uour assistance in this matter.
Donna Gill

Re
Feb 10, 2015

Comments

•   Jan 30, 2008
    Directtv - Overcharged!
    Greenville
    South Carolina
    www.directv.com

On 11/27/07 I signed-up for a Direct package @ $39.95 + $5.99 + $5.99 + $10.00 for a total of $61.93 per month. The billing department has charged me $235.00 for two months of service. Despite extensive communication with DirectTV billing and customer service they have so far failed to correct THEIR billing errors or acknowledge my cancellation of service request. BEWARE OF DIRECT TV!!!

• Hi
      Feb 05, 2008
    Directtv - No show for install!
    Louisiana

A day off work waiting for these idiots to come do the installation! I guess they figure everybody can miss a day to wait around for nothing and lose $100.00 days pay, i am calling to cancel before any actually billing is done. So far its only cost me $100.00 for nothing!! Good luck with these idiots!! If they cant even show up to install it on time for a new customer imagine how they would be once they have you in a contract!! No thanks...

• Ar
      Feb 12, 2008

The person that came to install was not only rude, he insisted on looking at our burglar alarm system before installing!

He clamed that with newer homes that DTV systems are conected to the alarm systems.

He was promptly told to leave!!

• Wa
      Feb 15, 2008
    Directtv - Cancellation fees!
    Gary
    Indiana
    www.directtv.com

I ordered DirectTV and was unsatisfied. When I got the first bill it said I could cancel but when I did they said the would charge me $500. DirectTV used a credit card number that was no longer valid and was able to get the money out of my acct. Is this legal...

Aug 28, 2008
    Directtv - Scam and cheating
    147 West Sixth Street
    Dunkirk
    New York
    www.directv.com

How do I get off their mailing list? I tried to call several number to request no more junk mail. There is nothing in the flier or website.

I do not want or intend to get directtv.

Sep 26, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Signed up for $34.99 (plus HD, 2 receivers, insurance for $61 total) package and got dinged for supposedly signing up for the NFL sunday ticket package and premier for 4 months free. I'm fighting it with them, and I'll go the BBB if I have to. They (Direct TV) do respond to them. They have lied twice to me so far about me signing up for that package.

• Tr
      Oct 03, 2008
    Directtv - cancellation
    Largo
    Florida

Signed up with DirectTV through Verizon and was told there were no contracts. Just tried to cancel and now told that I would be charged $320 and it would be deducted from my checking account within 7 days.

• Ju
      Oct 06, 2008
    Directtv - How to make a complaint that might matter
    directv.com

I posted a complaint a little while ago, and am not willing to let DirectTV's sleazy practices go without a fight - so, I made some calls, found out that your state should have a consumer protection office. In Arizona it is at www.azag.gov which is the state attorney general's office. I am going to pursue this, please post if you do something similar.

• Ba
      Oct 07, 2008

Threaten them with small claims court. It costs them less to settle with you.

Oct 17, 2008
    Directtv - cancellation /billing

Direct tv sucks reception is poor, called and cancelled service and was charged a fee for cancellation, very unknowledgble customer service, and they will go into your credit card account and take money at their own free will I was charged 190.00 for service and cancellation fee ###>>>>> do not trust these people

• Ri
      Mar 10, 2009
    Directtv - moving
    25tennis ct apt.3a
    brooklyn
    Phone: [protected]

I move from queens to brooklyn. I had verizon 3 in one. Where I am in now verizon don't provide fios, they gave me directtv. Now i'm moving back to queens, I call to disconect the directtv I learn I have to pay $400.Please help me because i wasn't aware of this situation.I can't affort this please help. My account#[protected] thank you my emailis [protected]@hotmail.com

• De
      Apr 02, 2009

DirecTV is the scourge of TV land.

I have a contract beginning in October 2008. Poor me!!

I called DirectTV today to request that they move my dish because snow piles up on it breaking up the picture. It was the installers choice to put it on the roof, said there would be less interfence. Not so. I have to take a ladder and broom to clean it off. I was told that it will be a $49 move charge or I can buy a dish cover at Walmart for #35.

I am a 66 year old women who is suppose to climb up on my roof to put a cover on my dish. Ludicrous!!!

As soon as my contract is up, I will certainly resubscribe to DISH. I had service with them for 15 years and only changed to get a lower rate. BIG MISTAKE. I had to fight fo the lower rate as well with numerous phone calls. I will glady pay the DISH bill in the future.

DISH has much better features and options than Direct. Direct is still in the dark ages when it comes to that.

• Ba
      May 13, 2009

Signed up with DirectTV and was told there'll be 200 $ cancellation fee and my bill will be 38 $ amonth, and they said they have sport channels in HD but the truth they don't, the first bill was 73 $ so called Direct TV and they asked me to pay only 53$, second bill was 104 $ and third one was 74$, so I caneled my service and now Direct TV asking me 400 $ for canellation fee and 144 $ bills, don't trust this company.

• Im
      May 29, 2009

i to loved my dtv my husband and i loved nfl sunday ticket...but whn we moved and wnted to get 1bill for tv, net and home phne sve due to my baby brother is in the USAF and a home phn u dont lose signal we canceld svcs we were not in a contract but did have 4boxes well we had our mail forwarded and gave them our new addr that was 5mnths ago we were told that we would get ups boxes to mail back our equmt WERE ARE THE BOXES DTV we have called and have been promised that would we get thm in 3days, another time in 5days, and yet again over nite frm a sup each time being asked to come back, before this we were going to get dtv back for the nfl sunday ticket but since we are being chareged 600$ for equmnt my nerves cant take no more well try to watch the games on pc SAY NO TO DIRECTV its not worth it

•   May 29, 2009

I WILL DO THAT, hey direct tv """"NO"""""

• Sr
      Jul 16, 2009
    Directtv - Providing Channels requested
    Sridhar Banala

I was subscriber of Directv, I was all Pay payer view for cricket
    i was trying to get a pay per view for cricket on july 3rd for a cricket game and for some technical reasons, they could provide me, so i asked them to disconnect the service, because they were not able to provide the pay per view, because i disconnected the service they charge me early disconnect fee $410 and they charged my credit card

Jul 30, 2009
    Directtv - early termination fee

they charged my son for earlly termination fee.even they didnt install the equipment.and the direct tv use my atm card to get the termination fee $430.00 without authorisation.they know my atm card because i applied too.

•   Aug 08, 2009

Being 66 years old, I assume your familiar with the " Dark Ages "?

• Lu
      Dec 16, 2009
    Directtv - Total frustration
    directv.com

Bought a movie. Started watching it before the 24 hours were up. It stopped dead right in the middle. Had to buy again to see the end. I will complain to try and get the second fee refunded. Total frustration.

• Xa
      Jan 25, 2010
    Directtv - Awful experience
    directv.com

Where do you get help with questions when you need them? We had an analog TV when we got Direct TV as a second set. Now our son bought us a HDTV for Xmas and We want to know if We need a different type of box to put on it as our second set. Our first set has a different box than the second one. The HDTV as a second set doesn't work without a black frame around it.

• Ga
      Jan 25, 2010

If you are saying that you are getting a small picture, with a Black frame around it on the screen, you just need to change the picture settings on the TV itself. The Direct TV box would still be the same one and wouldn't need changing unless you want to go for High Definition services (Which I don't think you'd really need).

Go to the Menu settings on the TV using your remote, scroll to picture, and there you should see some options about picture size. Make sure its set to Automatic.

If a program is broadcast in Widescreen it should fill your TV screen. If its an older program, filmed before the days of widescreen you'll still get black bars, but generally on the side.

Hope this helps.

• St
      Feb 25, 2010
    Directtv - Rebate

I signed up for diredt tv and was told that if I applied for my 100.00 rebate the day it was installed I would received it on my 1st bill...I didnt receive it and I called them and told them about it and they said I didnt apply for it until the day after installation...This is false but they said their records showed them that this was true...I still havent received my 100.00 rebate to this day...

• Di
      Mar 14, 2010

I was a DirectTV customer for 10 years, sold my home and was charged an early cancellation fee of 280.00. Asked for the agreement thay told me I signed, never received it. Stay away.

• Lo
      Mar 31, 2010
    Directtv - bad reception
    Rio Lobos
    Diamond Bar
    California
    Phone: [protected]

50% of my TV shows are eaten up - the sound cuts out, the picture freezes or turns into a myriad of boxes/pixels, then the infamous "searching for satellite signal" comes on, sometimes with a disturbing buzzing noise. I really resent that we, as consumers have been forced to not have analog, we were forced into Digital and the highway robbery of monthly bills that come with it.

May 06, 2010
    Directtv - overcharge
    direct tv
    Indiana

we cancelled our directtv account on march 17 we were not behind they just wanted a high amount to switch to hd. our bill was 70.25 per month . they are trying to bill us 189.00 for a final bill

May 06, 2010

we were long time custumers ------------but will never be again

• Mi
      May 19, 2010

zoloftn151..that rude comment was not necessary! Deanna...if you have or plan on switching to dish maybe you should read all the complaints
    about them first. From reading the many complaints it seems dish is using a lot of Direct's scams now.Be careful.I recommend your local cable co. if at all possible.

• Lr
      Aug 04, 2010
    Directtv - local channels
    Joplin
    Missouri

I was assured that I would receive local channels within 2 months of installation. Now, 3 months later I'm told that some of these channels are not available in my area. Directtvsays they didn't promise anything.

Sep 20, 2010

I am in the same area and the SAME thing is happening to me. I cannot get any help in the matter.

Nov 08, 2010
    Directtv - Leaderboard
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

I score over 112.000 on 5 card slingo toke second place then can back about 8hours later an score over 98.000 the lowest score was a little over 91.000 why wasn't I put on leaderboard I also should have been in ninth place also . So you saying that you can"t be on leaderboard twice that"s bull hard as it is to get a high score if you score high no matter how many time to make leaderboard you should be place on it. SAVANNAH_SOLOMO

• Co
      Jan 11, 2011
    Directtv - making me pay for stuff that happened in 2009
    Montrose
    Pennsylvania

they always charging me 3hundred dollars a month and then they shut u off anyways now they say i owe them for movies back in 2009 so i told them to shut it off they are crooks i went to time warner cable i get three things for the price of one

• Be
      Feb 25, 2011
    Directtv - Service and billing
    Directtv
    Wichita
    Kansas

Directtv wont give me address or boxes to send their equipment back but they still bill me. Im not gonna pay for these boxes when they make it impossible to send them back. I dont want them and definitely dont want any memory of having anything to do with these crooks. The Directtv service is horrible. If the wind blows too hard you dont have any cable. I will continue to tell anyone that will listen not to get anything from these guys.

• De
      Jun 03, 2011

I live in Springfield Mo.About 50 miles from the tornado ravished city of Joplin. There are 138 people dead there and sooooo many people who lost their homes. Direct tv has the nerve to tell these people to either return their equipment or be charged a $500 termination fee. The tornado took the equipment they can't return it you Direct tv, non compassionate idiots!

• Si
      Aug 13, 2011
    Directtv - did not put the programs i asked for
    directtv

i asked for a certain program and they gave me another packet, i keep calling to tell them that i did not get the programs i asked for and they said they cant help me until i complete the 24 months of the contract and i have to stay with the programs i didn't ask for.

• La
      Aug 18, 2011
    Directtv - property damage
    Georgia

A technician was to my house on 08/16/2011 n as he was puttin my receiver up on the outside he cut a wire that goes to well causin my house to be without water, so we had to call someone out to fix it the same day.

• Je
      Jul 10, 2012

When I ordered HD box(es) by phone from Direct TV in January 2012, I was forced to accept to a 2-year contract in order to get the HD box. If I cancel within that 2-year period, I was told that I am obligated to pay for the remainder of that contract (Direct TV will automatically charge my credit card). As of tonight, Direct TV is dumping 25 channels - several of which we watch regularly . In my opinion, Direct TV "broke" that 2-year contract. When I begrudgingly "agreed" over the phone to accept that 2-year contract, I accepted the service package I originally signed up for -- NOT service MINUS those 25 channels. I would like to dump Direct TV but don't feel I should have to pay for the remaining 18 mos of the "contract". Is it fair that DirectTV can "dump" on me, but I can't dump them without being penalized?

• Di
      Sep 08, 2012
    Directtv - cancellation fee
    Direct TV

I recently cancelled my service with Direct TV after being a customer for 5 years. They are charging me $300.00 for early cancellation because I adderd box in December and they are claiming I agreed to a 24 month contract at that time. I was given the box by a friend so there was no agreement whatsoever. No installation service either.

• Th
      Sep 08, 2012

Oh they are desparate after being kicked to the curb and they don't wanna go without a piece of you. Ha ha. Simple. Google these
    -cease and desist,
    -CMRRR,
    -validation of debt (VOD)
    -Your rights under FDCPA and FCRA
    -What to do when contacted by a debt collector.

Then emerge from the google burrow and hit them I mean CMRRR one to them requesting contract proof with your signature on it agreeing to what they allege. Failure of which you will consider further contact as harassment and will seek legal redress faster than a bell clapper in a goose's a$$. If it comes to that sue them. You do not need a lawyer, you can do it per se. Go to debtor boards dot com and seek all the advice you need on that (or any debt related stuff).

Inside of that letter at the bottom include cc Your state AG, FTC, the new consumer protection bureau, and a local TV station, you know how they love a smelly story.

Try not to do phone conversations. But if you have to record the calls. You may or not tell them you are recording for legal purposes. Comes in handy as evidence and if they violate your rights each is worth $1000 to you, it's just how many can you prove.

Freeze your credit report, it's $10. Make a point to contact that new federal consumer bureau with with your situation. You might be the first one but if they keep hearing of these bull shizzles...

• Re
      Feb 11, 2015

Still waiting for answer. It's been months. I was told I would have answer in 72 hours. Still waiting. I am making my third attempt.