DIRECT TC Ironwood Communication / I waited 4 hours for an Installer

1 800 805 8570Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

Dear Direct TV
Talk about customer service. I ordered Direct TV because you offer more channels than COX. I was assigned an account number after I disclosed my credit card number and social security number. The man on the phone said I should expect an installer between 0700 hours to 1100 on 11/17/07.
On 11/16/07 I called your [protected]. I woman I spoke with said your installers don't have cell number. I requested for your local subcontractor here in Phoenix and she will not provide that simply information either.
I cancelled my appointment for today because of an AGREEMENT/ PROMISE made by Direct TV that an installer will be at my house between the hours as promised.
At 1105 I received no phone call or a knock on my door.
Worried I called the 800 number listed on your web site [protected]. I got no response because well your 800 number office hours is close on Saturdays.
I called a different number. Now worried because not only have I disclosed my credit card number I also disclosed my social security number. I dialed [protected] and begin to feel angry. You can't blame me I was stood up by DIRECT TV. I man I spoke with said he is a technical support , placed me on hold and then accidentally hung up on me.
I called your technical support after being hold for 26 minutes. I spoke to a man named Craig who suggested that I should call Ironwood Communications at [protected] (from the clarity I can hear I felt I was talking to some support staff from India). I spoke to a lady at Ironwood and ask her if I can talk to a local contact. Obviously she placed me on hold. I wanted to speak to someone who is in charge of Installation. She did not disclose the person's name but rather said to hold on and she will have to talk to the technician.
After 5 hours of sacrificing my time, I still have not gotten a call my Ironwood Communication that an installer can or can not made it.
Knowing how ### UP yours services is, Now I know why COX Communication is getting the lion share.
PLEASE CANCEL my account

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2008

So you got stood up? Are you ok, did the world end, or is there tomorrow. It is just TV.

• Lo
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I also have had the experience of waiting for the installer to show up. Three times an appointment was made and 3 times No Show no phone calls or anything. All I wanted was to hooked up to HD. I have been a customer of DirecTV for 6 years but won't be for long. Thank for nothing.