Direct Med / Fraudulent Health Insurance

1 4929 West Royal Lane, 1st floorIrving, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-234-7633

This is a sham. Do not fall for this. You will not see or hear of the network of providers until after you sign up and pay a $135 enrollment fee, which is non-refundable. No reputable insurance company operates this way. Secondly, they will lead you into believing that it's a discount program that is honored by all doctors, hospitals and pharmacies similiar to a PPO program. It is not.

Once I enrolled, I immediately got an email saying that
"THIS IS NOTBASIC HEALTH INSURANCE. THIS OFFER INCLUDES DISCOUNTS AND/OR SERVICES PLUS ADDED LIMITED BENEFIT INDEMNITY INSURANCE. NONE OF THESE, INDIVIDUALLY OR IN COMBINATION ARE A SUBSTITUTE FOR BASIC HEALTH COVERAGE, MAJOR MEDICAL INSURANCE OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT INSURANCE PLAN." I was shocked and felt scammed. I wanted to cancel. I immediately tried and they told me that I would not get re-imbursed for the $135 enrollment fee even though I cancelled within 24 hours. I'm unemployed and every cent is hard for me. I hope that no one else has falls for their scam.

Comments

• St
      20th of Jun, 2009
    Direct Med - heard the same thing
    direct med
    Texas

I am writing because I have been looking for health insurance that will cover a tubal reversal and I found them and they told me it would cover 40% of the surgury they quoted me $314 and that I would be covered that day but after hearing the complaints I think it is better I pay for the whole thing instead of getting ripped off it sound to good to be true. If there is anyone else out there that have talked to them please post your complants.

• As
      20th of Aug, 2009
    Direct Med - refund of money
    greg
    West Virginia

i would not use this company as they intend to do so much and instead do so little. they claim that they have all these doctors under there plan but dont have any. my son has to go to his regular doctor but cant go until i get new insurance. directmed will not give me a refund even though i paid 500.00 so far. what a crock. if anyone out there needs insurance do not call these people. they are a total ripoff bigtime.

• Cy
      2nd of Oct, 2009

We finally received our membership packet from DirectMed. We were told by the women we spoke to that this plan was offered by United States Life and Aetna. Nothing I read mentioned this.My husband just found out yesterday that he needed a heart catherization, plus if they find anything that has to be taken care of. We thought 70% was going to be covered . What a thing to do to people who are in desperate need of services, but I guess thats what we get for trusting people. We thought we ask all the right questions, but we missed asking if they had any scruples!!!

Fuming in Pennsylvania

• Bi
      18th of Nov, 2009
    Direct Med - so called insurence
    directmed
    Illinois

i bought this so called insurence on line was told that I would be able to use my DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL . After i hung up phone I knew that I got scamed. I called my doctor he never heard of directmed and neither did my hospital. so i promptly called to cancel. i will be out the $135.00 membership fee and the $175.00 m0nthly payment.

• Er
      11th of Feb, 2011

I found this online as a inexpensive medical policy for my daughter who was in college. I spoke with a woman
    on the phone who assured me that it would cover 80/20 and even would include maternity coverage. I paid the
    enrollment fee and 180.00 monthly. The first time a claim was submitted they never replied to it. They have dodged one of the medical facilities used and have given them 3 different addresses, but no response. Other claims they stated were out of their district and on and on. They lie and cheat you, and will continue to get by with this until the government shuts them down. They use Beechstreet and Careington for their claims, but only offer a discount that is never honored. If you are one of the people they have cheated, please try to do something to put a stop to this [censor] company. I am going to the dept of insurance and then the attorney general. Silence will not stop these crooks, please help if you can.