Direct Generalnonpayment

My car was damaged by a 55 gallon dry storage barrell that fell off a trailer being pulled by a van that was insured by Direct General that I was following down the highway. when it happened I stopped and got the policy information from the driver and we exchanged other information. Direct sent an adjuster to assess the damage to my car, but I never heard back from them. Now they are saying that because they cannot get in touch with their insured, that I am out of luck. What good is an insurance company that will not take care of a simple justified claim.

Comments

• Ar
      Jul 22, 2018

Attn: For all the ones that has been wronged via Direct General. Good news; you may have up to five, yes 5 years to get your claims heard.
    1st. Contact your local city small claims office, to file a small claims suit to get the ball rolling.
    2nd. Let them know, we the people are no longer taking their crap. All insurance companies: Delay, Denie and Defend, it’s their golden rule. Bottom line until we the people stand up and speak up, hold them accountable, Direct General will continue to do what they do best. Bleed us out of our money that lawfully ours on our claims.
    3. Once you file the simple start forward small claims complaint, pay the small fees, serve it upon them. Good thing is, the major big shot lawyers that defend them are not allowed in small claims court. That's right, it’s you against them and a fair Judge that is there to listen to what you have to say.
    4. Make sure the court clerk’s office have your correct contact information:
    cell number, home or business address. Once you file your claim in small claims court, make sure you ask for a court date. The courts normally will assign you one once the case is assigned to a judge. But you can also ask for one. Most times; the clerks can tell you when your court date is and whom the judge is assigned to hear your matter.
    The cost to file a small claims court action is very small considering your amounts your owed and may be awarded.
    Be sure to not miss your court date, and if Direct General fails to show, simple as for a DEFAULT JUDGEMENT.YOU WIN.