Direct Energy / energy contract

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Claimed that I agreed to a five year contract for gas and hydro charges. I agreed to look at the contract after numerous phone calls, having been told that I would have to authorize the contract by phone. I had to specifically ask them if it was a 'contract' for 5 years, the make it sound like they are performing a customer service. I called back 6 weeks later to tell them I had definitely decided to go with another company and was told I had already been contacted and signed on 4 weeks earlier. I was told they had tapes. I look forward to hearing them. They are liars, and any tapes will be faked, they commit fraud and will get away with it. I will probably sign with another company, but by the time this is settled it will be at a higher rate. Direct energy will cost me money on a monthly basis for 5 years if this happens.

Ju

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Jun, 2009

Direct Energy Sucks!!! These greedy SOBs sold an account they claim I opened to Portfolio Recovery Associates in Norfolk, VA, but from March 2003 to April 2004 I was depoyed to Iraq it was impossible for me to open an account, and this is when they think I opened an account with them. But there is no contract nothing with my signature. Hell, I was fighting a war during the time they claimed I opened the account and my provider was TXU I never changed anything and gave anyone the authority to do so for me. They are have marred my credit report and if for one moment those blood suckers think that they a dime out of me they should think again...they will have better squeezing electricity out of an ants ###.

Rosalind

• Ph
      9th of Jul, 2009

I recently am in training with Direct Energy and I have asked for the contract that i signed. They DID NOT go over the terms of the contract, instead they just went on with the training. I have asked the secretary for a copy of it and she told me to ask the manager, I have asked and he told me to ask her and i did and she said "which part?" I may have to call my lawyer on this one. As a citizen and employee, I am entitled to recieve a copy of a contract and not get denied.

For anyone who is looking for a job DO NOT work for Direct Energy, They DO NOT tell the terms of the job and do not tell that a "road trip" is planned. You have to have a lot of money and clothes to do so.