Direct Energy / deposit
I signed up for energy from Direct Energy when we first moved into our new house and because it was our first home we were told they needed a $200 deposit, that would be refunded after one year. It's now 14 months later and they won't refund our deposit because we haven't paid our bills on time for 12 consecutive months. Why haven't we paid our bills on time for 12 months straight? Because for two of those months they sent our bill to the wrong postal code! When the bills finally made their way to us, about 3 weeks late, we paid them right away. This has happened with a few of our bills and I think it's because all the larger companies just ask for your address and their computers automatically give them the postal code. Because we are in such a new neighborhood there have been some mistakes with postal codes, and quite a few of our bills end up at the wrong postal code.
The girl I spoke with on the phone was completely rude just saying 'Well, it's not our fault if the postal code was wrong, you must have called in and changed it, then changed it back'. Ridiculous.
More Direct Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Energy - negative option contract renewal! 
- Direct Energy - fraud and cheating! 
- Direct Energy - billing 
- Direct Energy - things we should know as customers before signing with direct energy for natural gas 
- Mr Tankless / Ontario Direct Energy - owner 
- Direct Energy - scam
- Direct Energy - the aeroplan points
- Direct Energy - billing gas and electricity
- Direct Energy - natural gas and electricity
- Direct Energy - natural gas