Direct Energy / customer service

As like many others, I have had several problems with Direct Energy. I felt the need to not only let consumers know, but also those running the company. I am sincerely hoping that making these key persons aware of how the company is operating, some changes will be made. I would encourage people to write kind, factually-based letters if you are looking for things to change. Here is the contact information that I have found:

Attn: Chris Daugherty

CANADA

Attn: Maura Clarke
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 600
Houston, TX

Comments

• Br
      1st of Jun, 2011

My wife called and added our new house last September. We had 2 houses on one account through the winter and paid everything in full each time a bill came. Yesterday Atco (Alberta) shows up and tells my wife that they are at my house to disconnect as 'no customer application for service' was received... in 10 months!! I call thinking this is a mistake and then I get my first experience with Direct Energy "Customer Service"... FML!

Long story short... I'm boiling water for the kids bath... getting a bill for an entire year and have company coming tomorrow with service not being reconnected until they leave... BEST part of this story... the supervisor at Direct Energy told me that not contacting me for 10 months (no letters, calls, nada) WAS MY NOTICE!!! Way to reach for that rainbow [censored]es!

I am switching to Enmax on Friday and everyone I talked with since discovering just how ###ic this company is has told me that they have had similar experiences and wouldn't touch Direct Energy on a bet... live and learn I guess.

If anyone asks me from this point on... I'm tallying them to stay away from these clowns... maybe they can go back to whichever country their customer service department is in...