Direct E-cig.comPoor Customer Service

1 Review updated:

I ordered a "Free" trial of the electronic cigarette from Directecig.com. For the cost of shipping($9.95)you received a starter kit of the product. Nothing on the web page said anything about a 2 week trial period before they sent you the full order and charged the full price of $89.95 plus shipping. They buried that info in the fine print of the "terms of service". When I called to complain they were rude and refused to allow a return for a refund.
Don't do business with these people, they are just rude and have very poor business practices. B.L.Briggs

Comments

Oct 06, 2010

This business shows noyhing on how to cancel your "order". I don't even remember ordering. The only way to cancel I think is through your credit card.

Oct 06, 2010

I strongly agree

• Ss
      Nov 16, 2010

Call [protected] to rid yourself of acct. with this scam outfit... it is Direct ECig's number...

Dec 22, 2010

I agree with all of the negative complaints. I, too, fell for the "trial." However, when I went through my bank to dispute the $99.90 charge on my card, they were able to pull this company up quickly. You're right about not seeing anything about the cancellation period. There isn't any thing on the order form. But, if you go onto their homepage, there is a list of options on the left side of their page. There is an option very close to the bottom of the list labeled, "terms." There you will find their loophole. The cancellation policy is written there. Any legitimate company has the terms written on their purchase page so that you can read your options and then make your decision. Not this company...You have to search and find. ...So, BEWARE!

• Un
      Jan 04, 2011

This is an awful place to do business with. Can't get through on the phone without an hour wait. 10$ restock fee if returned. $ 7.50 for each cartiage used + shipping fee. Stay away

• Ou
      Jan 04, 2011

Yep, they took me too. I fell for the trial offer plus shipping and my account got sacked for $109.60! Can't get them on the phone, you wait for hours. I'm so frustrated and outraged. Don't get scammed by direct e-cig!!!

• Ju
      Jan 04, 2011

Dispute the trasnaction with your credit card company!

• So
      Jan 04, 2011

They pulled the same scam on me. They are quite difficult to reach by phone and then the customer service rep told me "you should have read the fine print". I did and saw nothing about any further charges whatsoever. I had to remain calm so that I could glean the return policy and address from this rude woman. When I followed all of her explicit "rules' to properly return the unused cartridges including insuring the item and writing a return code on the lefthand side of the package. Two weeks later, they finally refunded me 89.90. Of course shipping and handling was not refunded. I was unable to dispute the transaction because I used my debit card. I have no credit cards.

Jan 05, 2011

As I said the other day - I too was scammed by Direct E. The fact that they have terms and conditions on a page other than the 'ad' page is fraudulent in itself !!! I called the number [protected] and got an answering machine - but I did get a return call. The funds were credited back to my acct yesterday - but they then reversed the credit !!! I don't know how they can do that - but the bank said they can. ( I used my debit card ) I am mad and want to take this company down !!! Hopefully there is a lawyer out there who works in MI and will file a class action suit for the so many of us who have been scammed by these e cigarette companies.

Jan 05, 2011

FYI - You are able to dispute any fraudulent activity on your DEBIT cards as well as on your credit cards. Just contact your banks fraud /claims dept.

• Te
      Jan 08, 2011

Does anyone know the ownership information for Direct E-Cig as a company?

Jan 08, 2011

I beat them to the punch..cancelled my card..I called at least 15 times..many times i waited up to an hour..never did an answer.
    I tried to op out as on there web site..Just a continuos loop.I wanted to send it back but i'm sure you need a return code..Hmm and where do you get that from if they don't answer emails or their phone.If you have been scamed email the florida attorney generals
    office..probably get nowhere but at least you filed a complaint..How do these people sleep at night that work for these companies.
    MADOFERS. I don't think i have ever read in a companies terms that you can't send them viruses, threatening emails etc..that should tell you something..they knew what they were doing from the beginning of these companies.
    Way to go MSNBC and other stations for basically endorsing this company sort of speak..Everybody's protected right? Cept the consumer..

• Fo
      Jan 11, 2011

To celebrate, the company first anniversary, Some commodities have been, discount .Anti-purchase at this site Any goods, we will giving a Christmas gift .In addition Buy $ 300 and receive a free glasses or a wallet, as a Christmas gift . welcome all friends to order. Reputation, quality, absolute guarantee. please log in: http://www.fashionsb.com . so what, move your mouse .

• Bo
      Jan 11, 2011

NEVER order from "free trial" ads. They all rip you off. This includes those mall kiosks. Buy the same thing from a reputable online dealer for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. Check out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/65772-do-not-order-free-trials.html

• Fu
      Jan 12, 2011

I am going through the same problem I cant evan get through to customer service to send the kit back there 2 week time line is from when they ship the product not when you get it

SSG Fucarile MAARNG

Jan 12, 2011

I copy and pasted there op out that was posted on there site as follows;
    This seems to have got their attention with finally a response email from them.
    I then called again went on hold for another 20 minutes and guess what someone anwered and gave me a return shipping number.I had three days postmarked to return it by.I sent it out today postal mail. with a tracking number..Doesn't matter i cancelled out my debit card from my bank just to make sure.

I ordered your product as a trial for $4.95 from an advertisement on another site, after receiving my product yesterday - I went to your website to see how much the cost of replacement cartridges would be and found the notice below in your terms and conditions.
    Direct E-Cig Money Saver Plan:
    In order to offer you the best price on your cartridges and insure an uninterrupted supply, we will ship a one month supply 15 days after your original Starter Kit or Complete Starter Kit order and every month thereafter. The quantity you are shipped and billed for every month is determined by the number of cigarette packs you currently smoke. Our minimum quantity is 30 cartridges per month for a total cost of $59.95 (a savings of $15.05 monthly) plus shipping and handling of $9.95. Each additional add-on of 30 will be billed at $59.95. If your vaping habits change and you want to adjust the number of cartridges you receive, please call customer service at [protected] and tell us what we can do for you.
    Direct E-Cig Money Saver Plan Opt-Out Here
    I tried to use the link above from your website and it seems to be a continuous loop, that never confirms that I have been removed. And after trying to call your customer service number several times without getting an answer (see previous email) I decided to send this notice of cancellation

• De
      Jan 22, 2011

I agree, the free trial offer $4.95 shipping, is a big rip off. My charger did not work so I did not even try it. Then I get 3 packages of cartiagesand a bill for $109 on my crdit card. I called to be put on hold for days. Never talked to anyone. I e mail numerous times. Then I searched the web sight to find terms and knew I had been taken in this scam. I called my credit card company and they said to send it all back, registered mail and if they did not re emburse to call and file a dispute. A week later, it was still on my card so I filed a dispute. I called Direst E cic again and held 25 min. and finally talked to Ian. He said they would not refund and would send me another kit. I have been out $$122 so far and have recieved nothing but frustration. I fianlly went to a 7-11 store, bought a kit for $25 and tried a vopor cigarette. That really made me realize what a rip off Direct E cCigarette really is. RIP OFF ARTIST big time !!!

Dear [email protected]#
    They only shucked me for 14.95 4.95 trial and 10.00 to return postal mail, the following is directly from them.
    I suppose it did have something to do with my debit card was cancelled by me 1 week before.I would bet to gamble that they have telephone software that is very sophisticated to not allow the operators to answer until it is impossible to get the product returned by the due date. Here is the final email I rescieved.

Your shipment has been received and is being processed by our Return Department. You can review our Return Policy and Warranty at http://directecig.comms-conditions.php
    We understand that sometimes it takes more than one cartridge to test the waters; so, despite our policy stated in the Terms and Conditions, you will not be charged for the cartridges you have used during the trial period.
    Please accept our thanks for trying our product and if you have any questions, contact directecig.comustomer support department at [protected].

Jan 22, 2011

ATTENTION: PURCHASERS OF DIRECT E-CIG OR OTHER E-CIGARETTE "TRIAL OFFER" PRODUCTS--We are a law firm with attorneys admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia. We have also appeared in matters in California, Florida, DC, Virginia, Maryland, Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere. We are interested in hearing about potential wrongfully charged credit cards or debit cards arising from the purchase of "trial offer" e-cigarette products which were supposed to be mailed to the buyer for $0.00 plus $9.95 or $14.95 for "shipping and handling". We understand from this board and other sources that purchasers of the $0.00 "trial offer" were subsequently charged $149.90 and then $69.90 every month for e-cigarette cartridges they did not believe they had ever requested. We may be able to represent you in a lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to you unless there is a recovery. Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim. [protected]@steelcitylawyers.com

• Rc
      Jan 25, 2011

This is a rip-off, SCAM, and any other term that describes people taking advantage of others...I am on my way to reporting it to our local police department who told me they would in turn tell me what action to take further. I have also notified the BBB. I hope there is a class action lawsuit and I will be sure to join!!!

• Ju
      Jan 26, 2011

I, like all these other's, never saw anything on the website about being charged any additional money, besides the 9.95 for the trial package. A few days after I signed for the package, I received an email from them with wording that caught my attention, "We see that after some delivery problems, you did receive the starter kit on January 18. The introductory offer has been adjusted for you accordingly; should you wish to cancel, you would need to contact us by February 1. If you have any questions or concerns, you can call us at [protected]. Thank you.". It was the "introductory offer has been adjusted for you accordingly" that caught my attention. I emailed them at the email address they told me to use in a previous email for support, which was: [protected]@smokelessdirect.com, which didn't go through. So, I replied to this email and asked them to explain this specific statement. In the meantime, I re-visited the website to see if I had missed something and from what I've noticed, their website is constantly being updated or changed. Anyway, I found the "opt out" in their terms and agreement section and clicked on that and received a confirmation number. I .pdf the page and saved it just in case...still didn't feel comfortable. So, I contacted my bank and told them not to accept any more transactions from them and told them about all the complaints and the scam. I received a response email from my opt out confirmation done through the website and this is what the wrote me: "You have been removed from the Direct Money Savers Program. Please note, you are still responsible for the full cost of the kit ($109.90) at the conclusion of the 14-day introductory offer. Please contact us at 888.217.9026 with questions regarding this.
    Thank you." As in all the other complaints on here, I could not get through to any number they gave me after holding the line for up to an hour. I received 4 different contact numbers from them, via their emails. So, just to make sure I wasn't completely scammed, I closed my credit card account today.

• Br
      Feb 15, 2011

LOOKING BACK NOW I SHOULD HAVE READ THE BLOGS!

LOOK FAMILURE?

Thank you for choosing directecig.com.

Please save this email for your records.

*IMPORTANT*: Battery must be charged prior to use in order to prevent failure. If you are receiving a kit, please REMOVE the protective cover on your atomizer and install a new cartridge!

PLEASE MAKE SURE WE ARE SHIPPING YOU THE CORRECT ITEM! We are shipping you: DC Starter Kit MRL 16mg

If this is your first order with us, your order has been shipped via Fed Ex. Your Order ID is: (#155101).

You may check the status of your order with the following link:
    -or-
    visit http://www.FedEx.com and enter the tracking number: [protected]

If you have ordered from us in the past, your shipment was sent via USPS. Please contact a directecig.com customer service representative for tracking information if needed.

PLEASE REMEMBER if you have ordered anything containing nicotine for the first time, your order is being shipped out with Adult Signature Required. If an adult is not present when Fed Ex tries to deliver your order, notification will be left and you can either re-schedule the delivery or pick it up at the appropriate Fed Ex facility.

directecig.com Customer Support

I tried, telephone, customer service hung up. Tried email. I finally had to cancel my credit card...

I regret ever having anything to do with Direct e-cig. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH DIRECT E-CIG.

• Br
      Feb 16, 2011

Another victum yes I am. I did all the above to resolve the charges. Now I am turning this problem over to the state of North Carolina. When shipping products accross state lines a new set of laws are inforced. When you call customer service, email problems, known broken links (customer service link not working and the rest of the site is working) Proven to agent for NC. Now it begins. Direct e-cig will have attorney problems soon. Thank God!

Check your state for unlawful or deceptive web advertisement. Takes time. I know. All paperwork, the free trial package, emails of cancellation or cancellations paper work is needed. Now we have them. The cancellation paperwork is a must. Always send sign receipt required with USPS. Whether it comes back refused or not. You have the upper hand. Continued shipping and charging after the fact is cruel. The goverment knows this. All I can say is, "MY TURN'! State of Florida whick I so admire should be on them soon!

• Su
      Mar 06, 2011

I was able to cancel my debit card in time to NOT get ripped off thanks to this Complains Board. I did get an email today charging me $ 109.00 that they cannot get now!
    Thanks to all who wrote in to help people like me not get scamed.
    Supercharts

• De
      Apr 02, 2011

I got a letter from their credit card processing company. you might find it useful. They gave me provisional credit.

Covera Card Solutions

po box 13539 albany NY [protected]

1-866-s26-8371

[protected]

• Te
      Apr 11, 2011

Found this website in a Google search. Good info on who owns this scam company. http://www.directecigscams.com

• Vi
      May 02, 2011

OK Guys I found the address of the company, or at least of one of it's "distributing centers".

Direct E-Cig